Thursday, May 08, 2008

Teeth.

The bottom two:

Ouch and Yowza.

















Oh, and by the way, he has been pulling his right ear a TON the last couple of days. He's not crying in pain when he does it, but should I be concerned? Ear pulling often accompanies teething doesn't it? We have an appointment with an ENT (our Bishop) next Thursday to look at his frenulum (the skin under the tongue) to see if he needs a Z-plasty (since his tongue is a little forked when he tries to stick it out). I was thinking I'd ask him about it if Dean's still doing it, but should I take him in to his pediatrician to check it out before then?

5 comments:

randa_joy said...

Adds just teethed her top 2 K9 teeth and they were be-yotches. She had a fever & both ears were infected. We took her to the pediatrician and are still giving her antibiotics. There are at-home ear checkers you can buy to check him out yourself this time and in the future. Also my mom suggested or rather scolded me for not trying a pediatric chiropractor before using the antibiotics.

Tom and Audrie said...

If he doesn't have a fever and isn't grumpy I wouldn't worry too much about it. It might be that he just found something else to play with and it feels funny to him to tug on it.

Lindsay said...

Garrett was grumpy and cranky for, oh, about 2 months, but now that his two bottom teeth have FINALLY showed up, he's like a changed baby. I'm dreading the appearance of more teeth, so I'm crossing my finger that they take as long to show up as the first two did. :)

becki said...

celia-from someone who has worked in dental offices for years-there is a nerve that travels from the lower half of your mouth up to the side of your face by your ears and if his teeth are coming in then it's affecting that nerve and pain is traveling up that nerve. that's probably what it is, but if it's ear infections don't blame me!! good luck!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

His first tooth came in quick, painless, and unexpected (to me) since he's manifested teething symptoms for 3 months. Anyway, his second one was much more drawn out and painful. I've heard the top teeth are even worse, so hopefully it doesn't get too bad.

And the ouch and yowza were references to him biting me. He doesn't do it all the time, but when he does, OUCH and YOWZA! Teeth are sharp and strong!