Saturday, May 24, 2008

It was a hoot!

Last night I went to my friend Erin's where we had a little crafty fun. I mentioned this before, but she's creating an acrylic stamp line. She got some of her stamps in this week, so we had fun giving them a test run. The sets are so cute. I'd never used acrylic stamps before, but they're WAY better than regular old rubber stamps. She did a great job designing them. There were way more stamps, but this is what I did last night with my limited time.

The owl, sentiments, fence post, and tree branch are all stamps that she designed. I used bronze embossing powder on the branch and "woo hoo" and silver embossing powder on the "chirp up". I colored the owls and fence with watercolor pencils and used a blender pen to spread it. She gives different craft tutorials on her Schlosser Designs blog, and soon her stamp website will be ready for you to order. It's exciting!

Here are a few things I liked about the acrylic stamps:
  1. You don't have to trim them like rubber stamps.
  2. You can see through the clear block, so you know exactly where your image is going.
  3. The combination possibilities are amazing. So much more versatile than a rubber stamp set.
  4. These are a STEAL at only $12.50 per set!

1 comment:

Erin S. said...

The full moon and owl card is my favorite! I'm glad you enjoyed them! We'll do it again soon!