Saturday, May 24, 2008

Random Recreational Activities at the Park

When Dean and I were at the park yesterday, there were two noticably odd things going on.

  1. There were two men with metal detectors and pick axes. I noticed several freshly dug holes that had been covered up again. They were there before I got there and after I left. Is there really that much "buried treasure" at the park?
  2. A lady was walking her dog. Doesn't sound that random, except that THE DOG WAS IN A STROLLER! Very odd. And it was a nice stroller too. More expensive than the one I have.
Oh, and Dean LOVES to swing. He gets excited and giggly when I push him high. He totally just sits there and chills (sometimes leaning forward with his arms hanging over the front, and sometimes leaning back hanging onto the chain). It's very fun.

He didn't know what to make of the splash pad and getting wet, though. I thought he'd like it more than he did. Maybe he just needs to get used to it.

3 comments:

randa_joy said...

Spencer's aunt has a stroller for her dog. I DO NOT get it. They don't go for long walks and she doesn't go fast. I'm sure the dog would LOVE to be outside on the ground. Can anyone explain this phenomenon??

-Laura- said...

I actually saw a doggy stroller a few weeks ago at Hobby Lobby...I totally forgot about it until you mentioned them! This lady was actually IN THE STORE with her dog and stroller. I was trying SO hard not to laugh at her. I think some people view their pets as children...that's my only explanation anyway.

Lindsay said...

People (mostly sweet, old ladies) here in the city walk their dogs around in strollers, too. It's pretty funny.