Thursday, May 15, 2008

All you never wanted to know...

I took this tag from my cousin Jacqui because I liked reading hers. I think it's fun to hear random facts about people.

1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:15 Woke up to a big Dean blow out. (Even though I'd changed a poopy diaper at his 5 AM feeding!)
2. What was the last movie you saw? Dan in Real Life. Should have saved my $2.
3. Where is the most beautiful place you've ever been? Yangshuo, China (This is my favorite picture I've ever taken.)
4. What do you usually have for breakfast? cereal or chocolate isagenix shake. Right now my favorite cereal obsession is shredded wheat in all its varieties. I love the big unsweetened biscuits (classic-reminds me of Christmas), the small frosted (malt o' meal-standard), and my most recent addition: Kashi Autumn Wheat and Kashi Cinnamon Harvest. THEY ARE THE BEST!!!! Perfect amount of sweetness and flavor. Oh my they are so good. They were only $2/box at walmart! I should have stocked up...
5. What is your favorite food? Almost anything Mexican, preferably with beans and rice.
6. What food do you dislike? Meat still on bones, fatty meats, or meat that tastes like meat. Also, I highly dislike seafood. Tilapia and Halibut are the two exceptions since they're so mild.
7. What is your favorite CD lately? No favorite. I need some new suggestions. Anyone have any?
8. Favorite Sandwich? Chicken salad if I make it. Quizno's Italian is good.
9. What characteristics do you despise? Unreliable, mean
10. Favorite item of clothing? None. My clothes are so low budget.
11. If you could go anywhere in the world for a vacation, where would you go? Scotland would be cool.
12. What color is your bathroom? White
13. Favorite brand of clothing? I couldn't tell you one brand of clothing I own. Anything on sale that fits and is cute?
14. What was your most memorable birthday? 9 was good (huge sleep over), 16 was good (my mom surprised me by inviting friends over for an early breakfast of crepes before school, my sister got me roses, I was legal to drive and date, etc.), 19 was good (my two best friends made me early breakfast and cards before classes, and I was dating Matt. We went to a ward party that night and then Olive Garden for dinner.), and 20 was fun since it was in China. We had a huge party and I got lots of cool/strange Chinese presents.
15. Favorite sport to watch? Hockey at the moment. Well, it was until the Sharks lost.
16. Favorite saying? Holy smokes. or Hijole.
17. Shoe size? 7
18. Pets? No thanks.
19. What did you want to be when you were little? A mom. Also, probably a writer and/or a teacher.
20. What are you today? Mom (i.e. teacher of life)
21. What is your favorite candy? All things sour and chewy
22. What is your favorite flower? gerbera daisy
23. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? June 10th. I just want the recital to be over...
24. What are you listening to right now? The Office
25. What was the last thing you ate? Chicken and bean soft tacos
26. Do you believe in Angels? Yes. Just without wings.
27. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Bright orange probably.
28. Pet Peeves? Litter, spam and forward emails, people smoking (ESPECIALLY around babies), library books that smell like smoke (just finished one that wreaked. My eyes were itching and burning and my hands stunk when I was done), unreliable people.
29. Favorite TV show? Hmmm. The Office maybe? And Battlestar Galactica. And in the summer So You Think You Can Dance. I don't really "watch" much more, though food network is on quite frequently as "background" noise in the evenings when I'm blogging. Oh, but all time favorite TV show: Cosby Show. I own seasons 1 and 2 and still watch them. And yes, I still laugh.
30. Last person you spoke to on the phone? The scheduling nurse at the Dr.'s office.
31. Do you like the person who sent you this? I stole it from my cousin, and yes, I like her. (I stole that answer from her as well.)
32. Favorite soft drink? No soda for me. I probably have less than 8 cans of soda a year. But if I HAD to say one, a green apple Jone's soda is yummy.
33. Hair Color? brown
34. Favorite restaurant? Nothing here, that's for sure. Cafe Rio's grilled chicken salad with tomatillo dressing is probably my favorite restaurant item, though I can't say Cafe Rio's my favorite overall.
35. Siblings? 3 brothers and 3 sisters
36. What was your favorite toy as a child? Do books count as toys? If not, probably the trampoline. I can do lots of back flips in a row.
37. Summer or Winter? Summer, so long as it's not too hot. Or winter, so long as it's not too cold. So I guess that puts me at spring and summer. =) Or in Moss Beach, CA any time of the year. =)
38. Hugs or Kisses? Kisses
39. Chocolate or vanilla? Hmmmm. I think it depends on my mood.
40. What is under your bed? Gift bags and wrapping paper. I think my quilting frame is under there too.
41. When was the last time you cried? It's been a couple months I think. I'm not sure.
42. Who is the friend you've had the longest? Not counting family, Amanda Slade Coon is probably the oldest friend I have that I still keep in touch with (thanks to blogs).
43. What did you do last night for dinner? Tamales, beans, lettuce
44. Favorite smell? Russian olive trees in June when they're in bloom. I am so sad there are no Russian olive trees here.
45. What are you most afraid of? Matt hiding in the dark waiting to scare me.
46. Favorite day of the week? Friday.
47. How many towns have you lived in? Seven: Snowflake, Mesa, Provo, Reno, Reston (VA), and Hefei China
48. Do you make friends easily? Pretty easily.
49. Are you happy? Yep. Very.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Celia,
Crazy. I somehow came across your blog. It has been a LONG time. I'm loving your blog entries. Your #36 what is your favorite toy, brought back a memory. I remember your many back flips in a row on your super bouncy trampoline. You taught me how to do a back flip and then after I landed on my head I could never do it again. I've missed all my Snowflake friends... great years, great memories!! ~Wendy (Peterson)

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Holy Smokes! Wendy Peterson. Welcome. It's been a long time. When I saw your name the first thing I thought of was a slumber party we had at your house. I vaguely remember the trampoline incident, and I am sad you were scarred for life. Yes, our tramp was super bouncy.

Lindsay said...

What a fun tag! I, too, like learning random facts about people, but I have the hardest time writing them up about myself.

Jacqui said...

You didn't like Dan in Real Life? I totally loved it! Funny. It reminded me a ton of my family.

You've gotta try the Cafe Rio pork salad with vinagrette. Oh, so, yummo.

Juls said...

I still think of you with red hair (even though it hasn't been red for years :)

I LOVE the cosby shows too! maybe for the trip out we will get them. I think the kids would love it.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Lindsay: I don't know why, but I find it easy to talk about myself. You're more than welcome to take this tag. It would be fun to read.

Jacqui: the short (and probably least offensive) answer is no, I didn't care for it. And I've tried C.R.'s pork in the salad, as well as their vinaigrette, and I'm not a real fan of either. There's just something about their tomatillo dressing that I looooove. I have a pretty decent copy cat recipe that I use when I miss it too much.

Juls, you ought to own them. Never a better show made. The humor appeals to such a range of ages because 1. Cosby is so silly and 2. the ages of the characters span from 4yr old to grandparents. Even listening to it from the front seat it will bring back memories and make you laugh.

Coleen and Todd Staples said...

so fun to read your responses to these! i totally agree about the cafe rio salad. that is one thing i miss about Utah.