Thursday, May 08, 2008

Strawberry-lime Sweet Slurp for my Candy Block Week

I bought two large bags of candy to bribe my piano kids. Rather than hiding it in my cupboard out of sight (like normal), it was sitting in my living room next to the piano. Easy access. Too easy. I was very good about not eating any during the day, but for some reason I would eat 4-5 snack size pieces at night.

Too much candy.

So I put myself on candy block. No candy, at all, for at least a week. Maybe more. It's not been that hard, but that's partially due to my newest strawberry sweet slurp concoction. That and hiding the candy in my cupboard at the end of lessons. (You know, the tall one that I have to get up on tip toes to reach.)

The last time I was at Costco, I couldn't resist buying the gigantic back of frozen strawberries. I think it's the warm days that possessed me. Here's my latest:

Strawberry-lime Sweet Slurp
Ingredients
5-6 large frozen strawberries
approx. 1 cup milk (I just pour in)- I use skim since that's what we drink
enough sugar, honey, splenda, etc. to sweeten to your liking (it doesn't take much-I used honey)
a couple good squirts of lime juice (fresh or from concentrate. mine was from concentrate.)

Directions
Blend it up in the blender until nice and smooooooth. If it's too thick, add a little more milk. If it's too thin, add ice cubes or another strawberry or two. Soooo good. Much better than candy.

3 comments:

Jodi Reeve said...

I'll have to try it, that sounds really refreshing. Thanks

randa_joy said...

Yes but candy you simply unwrap and voila!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

HAHAHA. For those moments I've done fruit leather. I just finished eating one.