Thursday, May 29, 2008

8 Random Facts

  1. I generally don't think women are funny (as in "telling jokes" funny). They're usually too sarcastic, crude, annoying, etc. Almost like they're trying too hard to be like the men or something. I am listening to last comic standing while I type this and it irks me that they put unfunny women/people on the show so they can have even numbers. It should be FUNNY people who make the show, not a certain number of women, men, gay, straight, etc. to fill some stupid quota.
  2. I can't stand more than one source of audio going at the same time. For example: I can't listen to music if someone has the TV on. It's stimulation overload and it drives me nuts.
  3. I've been having insomnia issues again this week. I'm on the edge of exhaustion right now.
  4. I love being outside (just not when it's 90*+!). I didn't know how much I loved it until I had Dean and feel a little cooped up if we don't get out at least once or twice during the day. (Fortunately he really seems to like it outside too.)
  5. I get really excited about projects when I start them but often lose momentum before I actually finish them in their entirety.
  6. In a similar vein, I go through phases. Reading phases, craft phases, blogging phases, music phases, cooking phases, cleaning phases. I hit them hard for awhile, get burned out and have to take a break.
  7. I often sleep on my stomach with a pillow over my head (to block out noises...). I'm lucky that Matt doesn't snore since I have to shut out breathing and clocks ticking with a pillow!
  8. I couldn't care less about American Idol (I've never watched a full season), but I really do love SYTYCD. I think it's partially because I can't stand watching people sing. I never have liked it. (Odd since I've been around singers my whole life.) But dancing is meant to be watched and people can move so amazingly. Also, I like the judges WAY better on SYTYCD. The only two I don't really enjoy hearing from is Mia (a little too "earthy/out there" for me) and the Hairspray guy (He's the worst. He just goes ON and ON and can't shut up!)

4 comments:

jantzie said...

You should check out Maria Bamford. I think she is so cute and her act isn't overly crude. Her jokes are more stories than one-liners, specifically told through the voices of the characters. Check it out sometime!

Juls said...

I love sytucd, but I don't like the hot tomallie chick, good critique bad squeal. I did like American Idol this season, the only time i ever voted. I LOVE being outside and feel deprived if we are not out more than 50% of the day (also my house is cleaner ;) I have never watched last comic...

sorry about your sleep issues.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Yeah, Mary's squeal and voice are a annoying, but she does have good comments usually.

Becky said...

Wow, sounds like a pretty rough surgery. Glad things are better. So, how I found your blog was totally random. I was on my cousin's (in-law) blog. She had her link list of blogs, and for some reason I clicked on the top one. I never do that (seriously), and I don't know what posessed me to do it that time. The first thing I saw when I got to the page was your name on the side. I was so excited, I couldn't believe I'd found you!