Thursday, May 08, 2008

B.T.C.

We are finally there people. We are growing leaps and bounds in the sleeping and schedule department these days. It started off quite rocky, and we had to do some serious sleep training, but he is doing quite well now.

This is how his schedule seems to work best at the moment. I know it will probably change in a month or two, and not every day fits this exactly, but at least I am to the point I can put him down by the clock (more or less).

He loves his tag blanket.

6:30-7:30 am: wake up for the day (usually closer to the 7:30).
9 am: first nap 1-2 hours
12:30 pm: second nap 1-2 hours
3:45 pm: third nap 45 min.-1 hour
6-7 pm: bed time
3:30-4:30 am: feeding time approx. 20 min. and right back down.

Phew.

All I can say is: Thanks for making me revisit Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child.

and: How does anyone live with children going to bed later than 8?? I cherish my evenings from 6:30 until I go to bed. It gives me a little piece of sanity.

Also, his stomach seems to be settling down quite a bit. He doesn't spit up or puke nearly as much as he used to. Thank heavens! Most of my clothes are puke stained now anyway, but at least I don't have to worry too much about smelling like it all the time.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hooray for schedules! Garrett's on a schedule, though it's more "by activity" than "by the clock." He knows the routine (for example, say, wake up, then eat breakfast, then get dressed, then play, then nap, ...etc) I can figure out his day by the clock, but only to a degree. It works for us, so we're happy. I actually really do prefer it that is schedule isn't so rigid. It makes him more flexible, which is GREAT for me.

Garrett goes to bed for the night usually around 8:00 (depending on the day/mood, anywhere between 7:00 and 9:00). I sometimes wish that I could put him down earlier and have more of my evening free to get other stuff done, but I purposefully keep him up so that Blake can spend some time with him. He has to go to work before Garrett wakes up in the mornings and doesn't get home until sometime between 7 and 8, so I keep Garrett up so he and dad can have some play time.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Yeah, I can understand that. Matt gets home between 4:30 and 5:30 (at the latest) so we're lucky.

Kristeee said...

That's great that he's sleeping so well for you.

I actually like having Katelyn go to bed later; it gives her play time with her daddy and it lets us get a full night's sleep. We still get a couple hours to ourselves at night, but she doesn't wake up until 8:30 or later, after BlueEyes has left for work.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I also have to remember that some babies are a little lower maintenance and require less attention. And some don't need as much sleep as Dean. He NEEEEEEDS all the sleep he can get.

becki said...

yup, LOVE that book. my kids have gone to bed at 6:30 for years, let's keep it our secret though.