Monday, April 07, 2008

April 7th: 2008 edition

Today was great! 27 will be a good year. I have no problem being one year older (and wiser too!).

Dean surprised me with a new tooth. (Bottom left front.) He didn't even fuss about it really. It had totally broken the skin before I knew he was really teething. His sleep wasn't interrupted (6 PM to 6 AM, fed him and put him down for 1 more !), no fever, not much extra fussiness. I don't know if we'll be this lucky with his other teeth, but it was nice for this one.

The weather was nice enough to go jogging.

I got to practice the piano for almost an hour.

I got all of my recital copying done, and I bought Dean 5 new outfits since he doesn't have many summer clothes in his size.

My 3 piano lessons all went really well. Two of the girls were really excited about their recital songs.

Matt surprised me with a new appliance. But not just any new appliance. THE appliance. The one I've been lusting after for a couple years. You know the rule where you're not supposed to give a woman kitchen appliances as gifts? Well I am the exception to that rule! Next I will ask for a wheat grinder! ;oD

Anyway, back to this awesome, awesomeness of a gift I received. There was a coupon for a Kitchen Aid at Costco this month, but Matt was unsure if he really wanted to get it there since they have their own line that's not sold elsewhere. After researching it out more, he decided it best to get the best, and found one at a decent price on Amazon! So, with his parents chipping in, they got me the best Kitchen Aid possible for home use. Oh the pizza, the bread, and the cookies I can make with this!!! And to top it all off, there was a rebate for a free ice cream maker attachment. Sweet goodness. This is my surprise face when he told me it cost $700! ( It didn't really cost that much.) He also made my traditional better-than-sex cake. Yum. He forgot to get a #7 so he used the 2 from our last year's "26" and 7 little candles.

22 comments:

-Laura- said...

Happy Birthday Celia!!! Glad it was a good day for you. I get really excited about kitchen appliances too, I think a kitchenaid is an awesome gift!!! We got one for our wedding and I use it all the time, I'm not sure I could live without it anymore!

Brooke said...

Lucky! I'm so glad your day went well! And, way to go Matt on the gift! I'm sure he'll get to enjoy many goodies made by that thing. :)

CASSIE said...

YEAH-- HAPPY B-DAY!! YOU LOOK GREAT! AND YEAH FOR DEAN AS WELL! JADA NEVER HAD PROBLEMS CUTTING TEETH-- MAYBE YOU WILL GET LUCKY WITH ALL THE TEETH! THEY GROW SO FAST HUH!

The Drapers said...

Happy Birthday! I didn't realize you were one year older than me! I just turned 26 in March.. Man were getting old.. Closer and closer to that 30 mark!!! Glad Deans tooth came through drama free! Lily gets high fever with every single one.. It is traumatic...

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I didn't know i was a year older than you either. It's so funny, I really don't have a problem getting older. 30 means nothing to me. I guess it's because I have older siblings who have made it to that point (and beyond) without seeming old.

Lindsay said...

Glad you had a great day. And what a cool gift!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Girl! Loved the old b-day pics too!

Cannon said...

I'm SO jealous of the kitchen aid, but nobody deserves it more than you, who will actually use it. I think if I had one I would bake more, but since I don't bake much, it is hard to justify the cost. but someday, when I'm less busy, I'm going to try to be just like you in the gourmet cooking department. Glad that you had a great day!!

Erin said...

I remember the day I got my Kitchenaid...it WILL change your life! Happy Birthday!

Oh P.S., I think when the big 3-0 actually comes around you might feel a little differently! :)

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Doubt it, but we'll see. =)

Jacqui said...

Happy belated! So excited for your Kitchen Aid. My mom has that one. It really does rock the kitchen. It's awesome! I have a lower-end model (still a bowl lift with a 5 qt. bowl) and I use it ALL OF THE TIME! I seriously am so excited for the amazing meringues you will be able to make with that baby. I have a great recipe, if you're interested!

And that cake looks so yummmm....

Juls said...

That will be one of the first things in my new kitchen! What a great gift!

Lady Steed said...

d'oh! I missed it AGAIN!!! ARRGGHHH!!!


Happy Birthday!!!

Welcome to the KitchnAid camp (as opposed to the BOSCH camp), you are in good company.

Coleen and Todd Staples said...

Happy Bday a day late! I didn't realize we were so close:). Of course, I'm a year younger. Anyway, sounds like you had a fabulous day -- accomplished and pampered. Love it. Here's to a great 27th year!

Jodi Reeve said...

Hey, it's Jodi Reeve...do you remember me...the one you used to VT in the BYU 201st? Anyway, we are in OH now, I just had our second little guy in January so life is busy, but fun! Check out our blog reevechronicles.blogspot.com
Love,
Jodi

Erin said...

Kitchen Aids rock!! I use mine way too much. That's a good thing for Robert though. Happy Birthday! I can't wait until it's nice enough to jog outsider here. I'm totally jealous.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Thanks again everyone for all the well wishes!

Lady, no prob! Bosch seem like their lowest level mixer costs the same as the best of kitchen aid.

Coleen, when is your birthday? I have a vague memory of your birthday being close to mine. Jared Crane's is 2 weeks before mine.

Jodi, of course I remember you! I've now subscribed to your blog feed. =) How fun.

Erin, I think Matt has some big cookie hopes for the future! =)

Contact Information said...

Happy happy birthday girl! Awesome gift. Good call Matt!

The Little Thompsons said...

Happy late birthday wish to you sweetie! I was going to come and wake you up at 5:00 in the morning and make pancakes for you but the drive was too far... Looks like you had a great birthday!

holly said...

You're so old!!! haha...Just kidding. Glad you had such a good day. I'm on board with everyone else, I love my kitchen aid. I use it for everything.

Emily said...

Lucky girl!

I could not live without my kitchen aid. They are so much fun to use. My sis has the ice cream maker attachment and they use it all the time... they love it!

Happy Birthday!

Ashley Canady said...

Happy belated birthday!