Sunday, April 06, 2008

Roll over, roll over

Well, despite all my motherly fears of timetables and meeting milestones, I am glad to say that Dean has got the hang of rolling from front to back! Phew! I was a bit worried about this one for some reason. He did it twice last Sunday, but seemed to forget until Friday how to do it. Since then he's become quite good (unless he's REALLY tired...then he just gives up and rubs his face in the ground). He's so cute, though, how he wriggles his little legs up underneath his body and pushes up.

Also, he loves his jumperoo if he's not too tired. $20 well spent.

Oh, and I love that he's able to soothe himself with his fingers now. Helps a lot at night and at nap times. This is how I found him after one of his naps this week. At naps he usually has hold of those two fingers on his left hand, but he'll occasionally go for the thumb on the right. He reminds me of his cousin Large S.

2 comments:

Juls said...

If I was worried about my kids missing milestones I would be a wreck! Sarah didn't walk until 14 months (hum maybe taking after her mother....16 months) and lets just say that Sarah could say more words at 1 than David says at 2 :)

Each baby will develop in their own sweet time :)

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Julie, thanks for the reminder! It's so hard when the Dr. asks the questions and you have to be accountable for them. I just worry that I'm not doing enough tummy time, or I hold him too much, or something. I'm afraid I'll slow him down in his development by doing something wrong. But you're right, he'll figure it out and he'll do it on his own time.