Wednesday, April 02, 2008

The little robot likes his peas

Disclaimer: Last time I wrote about Dean and food, he decided that he didn't want to eat any solids OR use the sippy cup for a couple days (still doesn't want the sippy). So, tomorrow this statement may not be true...

After Dean's late afternoon nap he was in a pretty good mood, so I decided today was the day to try some peas. I tried feeding him a sweet potato about a week ago, but he wouldn't even open his mouth to try it. Since Amanda said her kids were less picky when she fed them veggies before sweet potatoes and bananas, I figured it was fine he didn't try it so I could get him used to vegetables first. I just used salt free, sugar free (nothing but peas and water) canned peas (I know, fresh or frozen would probably be better). I pureed them in the blender, watered them down, and fed them to him.

And he scarfed them down! He ate about twice as many peas as he has anything else.

So, good.

And speaking of peas, you should check out this incredibly cute book called Little Pea.

8 comments:

Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

Wow. I love that boy's thighs. He is so adorable.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Aren't they chubbalicious?

Erin said...

Yeah, don't be surprised if he decides he doesn't like them next time. Anna did the same thing...scarfed them down and then wouldn't touch them. But, she came around after awhile. Always try everything multiple times.

Totally adorable pictures!

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

it is ridiculous how cute he is getting! How are things in McKinney? Can't wait to see you!

Erin S. said...

I LOVE the robot shirt! Too cute!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Erin, he liked them again today at lunch, but I am with you on the fact that you should try everything multiple times. Sometimes things just take a bit of getting used to.

Beth Ann, thanks! Now that you're home we should get together.

Erin, it's one of the few things in his wardrobe that I actually picked out and bought for him. I couldn't resist.

Lady Steed said...

Dean is looking like quite the little round pea himself. Large S also likes peas--but then there hasn't been anything he hasn't liked yet...except for zuchinni.

And that book is one of my favorites, in fact I just read it to Big O last night.

Cannon said...

i have had two babies love baby food and two babies hate it (my first two). my best suggestions are to not let ANYONE give them sugar (generally dad or grandpa, grrrrr), and to feed them right away after naptime when they are hungry but not overly starving. so good job on that one! his pictures are so cute. i love the new ones too. he gets cuter every month.