Saturday, April 05, 2008

mas informacion

Rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules. Erin
2. Share 5 facts about yourself that

a. explain how you got your first or middle name
My first name came from my great great (etc. 6 or 7 generations) grandma Celia Mounts (Mounce) Hunt. I"m not entirely sure where the Marie came from, but I'm sure I've heard the story more than twice. I just have a bad memory sometimes.

b. where you were born
I was born in Show Low, AZ 27 years ago on Monday. (Hint, hint. My birthday is only 2 days away. Have you gotten me anything cool yet?)

c. your favorite fruit
Almost anything that's fresh and in season. I love strawberries, grapes, all apples except red and yellow delicious, oranges, pink grapefruit, kiwi, mangoes etc.

d. something embarrassing about you
I sweat profusely, mostly when I'm around non-family members (I guess I'm just really self conscious deep down). The water works started the summer before 6th grade. I can tell you what shirt I was wearing the first time I noticed big sweat marks. It was a teal scoop neck shirt I borrowed from my sister Amanda. I was walking to the store with two other people.

The very most embarrassing sweat incident for me was in 6th grade. I was wearing a thin, solid green, dry clean only dress for a band concert. I had a flute solo where I was supposed to stand on the stage in front of the audience. I had gigantic sweat marks, so I held my arms in as close as I possibly could and still play. It was very tragic and embarrassing.

e. answer the question "Your dream wedding would have to include..."
Matt, the Temple, family, friends, and no wind. That's pretty much all it would take. As for our reception, even if someone had given me $10,000 for it, I would have done something very simple and saved the rest for something more important than a party!!! I left most of our reception decorating to our families so Matt and I could hang out after the ceremony, before the reception. There were only three things in the way of the decorations at my Snowflake reception that I regretted and wished I would have changed, but I got over it soon enough.

Oh, and I would have flown our CA photographer to AZ for our actual wedding. Our Snowflake photographer was NOT that great, as you can tell from the fuzziness of the first picture. Our CA photographer was absolutely amazing. AMAZING! (See the picture at top of the post for proof!)

3. Supply at least one funny photo that goes with one of your facts.
These photos aren't all that funny, but they show a little bit of the horrific wind we had on our wedding day. I like to say it was 70 mph, but I really don't know how hard it was blowing. It was crazy though! Made for interesting pictures.













I am now supposed to tag someone, but I never do since I'm unsure if you like divulging personal info. and/or have already done so. So, if this is an interesting one for you, by all means, do so. I would love reading it.

8 comments:

Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

First, yikes on the Snowflake pictures. But you're still an adorable couple.

Second, we have the best missionary couple here from Snowflake. Seems like that town produces some good people.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

What is their last name?

Brooke said...

I LOVE that picture from California! That's gorgeous! And, that stinkin' Snowflake wind!

becki said...

love your stories, they always bring smiles to my face. i've linked your site on my blog-finally got around to it!!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Brooke! Glad to see you about. I agree. Stinkin' Snowflake wind.

Becki, thanks for the link. I updated you here too. Glad I could bring a smile.

Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

DeWitt. They're super cool. She is a quilting maniac and he read cowboy poetry at our branch talent show.

Lois said...

Middle name Marie is also great-grandma Waterman's middle name. The original Celia's maiden name was Mounts. Married to Jefferson Hunt.

If you recall, I asked that we just take pictures with family cameras at the temple for fear of wind, and do a nice photographer at the reception. Your in-laws nixed the idea but came to understand my concerns. The photographer came highly recommended but I would not use her again. I do think she would have done better at an indoor, no wind setting.

I can't think of who the DeWitts might be, but the description sounds like any one of a hundred couples here. :} Mom

Lindsay said...

Whoa! That is some wind! (It made for some pretty cool pictures, though, I must say.)