Thursday, February 07, 2008

For Jessi

My cousin Jessica tagged me, so here's a post of 10 odd or random things about me. I guess the majority of my readers found me after my posts of 100 in four installments, so if I accidentally reuse an answer you may not even know.

  1. When I have oatmeal for breakfast I mix 1 packet of flavored oatmeal (cinnamon roll is my favorite) with about the same amount of regular oatmeal. I do this because one packet is not near enough food for breakfast, but 2 packets at full strength are just too sugary! I also like it a little soupy as opposed to gummy/thick.
  2. I've somehow turned into a sci-fi junkie. How did it happen? I think it started with a boy named Matt (my now husband). He suggested I read Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game. I loved it. Then I read his Ender and Shadow series (Shadow is much better). He also had me watch X-Men, and I'll admit I didn't really "get it" at first, but it grew on me. After that we had Firefly (watched the whole season in 1 night!!) and Serenity, Heroes, and we've most recently arrived at Battlestar Galactica. (We're watching it from the first season on since there's nothing on TV due to the strike.) I have to add, I really only enjoy sci-fi when it's human based with a some anomalies.
  3. Since we're talking about movies, I'll add that I don't care for "chick flicks" much anymore (unless they're more comedic than chick flick-ish).
  4. I would like to run a half marathon someday. I just bought a jogging stroller today off craigslist after being inspired by my cousin Ali. She just finished her [2nd? 3rd?] marathon! I don' t know if I'm [dedicated, crazy, ambitious] enough for a full marathon, but a half seems attainable.
  5. The longest continuous run I've ever done is 7 miles.
  6. I just entered a contest at a local scrapbook store. I have to turn my project in by Saturday.
  7. My bed time is totally dependent on Matt's. I hate to go to bed before him, and it's difficult to fall asleep after him.
  8. I don't even own a tube of lipstick. My mascara is probably 3-4 years old. My eyeshadow is probably 6-7 years old.
  9. I have a very, very bad memory when it comes to specific events. It's a good thing I was a decent journal keeper from 6th grade until 2002. I kind of fell off the bandwagon then. I have all my blogs in a word document and I really need to print them off before I lose them accidentally. Otherwise I doubt I'd remember much of the last two years.
  10. I don't follow sports at all. I kind of have a hard time identifying with die-hard sports fans and "their team".

13 comments:

Cannon said...

How are you and Julie my sisters? Don't own a tube of lipstick?!? Just remember, you may have been able to get by on youth up until now, but life after 30 is a whole new tube of concealer! And blush, I never used it before, but now I have no natural coloring and it really does seem to make a difference. And mascara (shaking my head in wonder), how does anyone live without it? I have the darkest eyelashes possible, and I still think it improves my looks dramatically every time I put it on. Oh well. I must admit I am a teensy bit jealous that you girls can get by without it. I could just never pull that one off.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

hahahaha. Matt doesn't like when I wear it. I kind of like how I look with a little mascara, but when I wear glasses (all the time) you can't tell I have it on anyway. Plus, I always forget I have it on and I rub my eyes and smear it. As for blush, I used to think it was kind of a joke and that only old ladies wore it. hahahahahahahaha. I know now it can be done tastefully.

Jessica said...

Thanks for posting this to me :)

Erin S. said...

So when are we going to start training for the half marathon? I'm glad you found a jogging stroller! That's awesome!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

If you want to do the April 6th race in Dallas we need to start training now!! Unfortunately, Texas' marathons are on Sunday so we'd have to miss church! Punks.

Brian & Veronica said...

Hey Celia! Do it! Do the half! Just to let you know, it's totally attainable. I ran (o.k., trotted) a half marathon 3 months after my second was born! I know, no records set, but I did it. It was short training, so the most I'd ever run was 8 miles, just 1 more than your most. But, I pulled through to the end! You can do it and I can't wait to see pictures when you do! Congrats on deciding to do it and I hope everything goes well!
Love, V

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

att pointed out that all of the sci-fi stuff I like is very relationship oriented for sci-fi. Makes sense. Maybe that's what I meant by "human"...

holly said...

Brent and I got into those same sci-fi series. We saw Serenity first and then rent the Firefly series. And I loved the Ender and Shadow series by Orson Scott Card. I've been trying to find more books like that. If you find more books like that let me know.

randa_joy said...

Get out of my head Silly. Oatmeal: same. "Turned into a (human based) sci-fi junkie": same. Bad memory: same. Hard time identifying witht sports fans: same. I think my mascara dries up and gets clumpy and I replace it long before it's used up but definitely my eyeshadow is probably 6. Also I don't own lipstick. (And I walked/jogged/loped a half marathon a few years ago with no training and couldn't hardly walk for a few days but good luck with that).

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Randa Joy. I think we're soul mates.

Juls said...

I thought you read the enders series before Matt...I know I read it before leaving home...

I LOVED it.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Na. I remember Nate recommending them to me, but I said something like, "I'm not really into sci-fi." and didn't even give it a chance.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Oh, and Holly I'll be on the look out.