Wednesday, March 07, 2007

100 things about me--on the installment plan

I've seen a trend for my friends to post the "100 things about me" recently. I really enjoy reading the trivia, however, 100 in one sitting can be a little overwhelming. So I thought I'd do mine in installments.

  1. I have been scared to tears by dogs. (within the past year even!)
  2. I stopped wearing makeup on a regular basis about 4 years ago when Matt told me I look better without it. (easier, faster, and cheaper! That's how I like it!)
  3. When Matt's gone, I like to crank up some music and sing while I clean.
  4. I can't stand wearing nail polish of any kind. (toes and fingers alike)
  5. I sweat more than most people, and I have since I was in 6th grade.
  6. I only own a small "engagement ring." I was very specific about not wanting a second band or a big ring. I still very much like it that way.
  7. I was extremely boy crazy from 1st grade until my sophomore year of high school.
  8. Matt's the only boy I ever kissed after I was "legal" (over 16)
  9. Matt was not the only boy I kissed!
  10. Don't worry I can count them on one hand...
  11. Cleaning the fridge has always been my least favorite chore.
  12. Reebok is the only running shoe for me.
  13. The TV is on in our house far more than it should be, even if it's on the Food Network the majority of the time!
  14. I LOVE cooking but HATE figuring out what to cook
  15. Math was my highest score on the ACT
  16. I haven't taken a math class since high school
  17. I love writing but have extreme difficulties placing commas correctly
  18. Leadership and Self-Deception was the best/most life changing text I ever read for a class.
  19. When I was little I often told people I'd be the first woman US President; I think I just wanted attention because I didn't know the first thing about politics.
  20. Yangshuo China is the most beautiful place I've ever visited
  21. I went through the Temple to receive my endowment at age 19. Unusual though it was since I wasn't getting married, nothing could have been more right for me at that time.
  22. I love, love, love to dance--especially hot Latin ballroom dances like samba and cha-cha
  23. I used to take pride in my arm wrestling abilities and arm strength
  24. I now use that arm strength for sweet arm balance yoga poses rather than arm wrestling
  25. In 5th grade, as a girl scout, I sold 150 boxes of cookies. For prizes I got a stuffed zebra, a shirt, a mug, and a patch. (And I only know this because of my journal.)
To be continued...

5 comments:

nanci said...

I love the glimpse, can't wait for more. Bonus for the Terry Warner plug! That is a lucky child that will come to you.

Lindsay said...

I've seen a lot of people do this "100 Things About Me" thing, too. I've considered doing it too, but 100 is quite daunting...maybe one of these days I'll follow your idea of the installment plan.

Anyway, can't wait for the other 75!

Anonymous said...

i liked the list too.

i took my first yoga class this morning and it was one of the best hours of my life. couldn't hold some of the poses though, and probably couldn't win an arm wrestling contest, but i am much stronger than when i was a weakling teenager, thanks to picking up 20-30 pound toddlers several times a day.

Juls said...

I would love to read the Leadership and Self-Deception book so bring it when you come...

I knew almost all those things about you too :)

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Oh man you guys. Tonight I had to go to our back door neighbor's to get a frizbee my piano kids accidentally threw over the fence. They had like 10 dogs going crazy when I rang the door bell. When he opened the door, two of them ran out and jumped all over me! AGGHHHHH! At least I didn't cry.

Amanda, don't worry, I still struggle with standing balances. A ton. Everyone has their strong points.

J. I'll bring it if I have it. I leant it to someone over 2 years ago and haven't ever gotten it back. I'm sure I'll just end up buying it again. That's why Matt NEVER lends things out. He wouldn't even lend ME books when we were dating! Lol.