Saturday, February 16, 2008

Tantalizing Traditions

We haven't really established that many holiday traditions yet, however, we do have two Valentine traditions we started in 2003.

I make a delicious cheesecake. It started as an easy cheesepie (cheesecake in a pie tin), but last year I made a real New York Cheesecake. YUUUUUM. It was even better this year. Nice and creamy. Great texture. Great flavor.

He gets me beautiful Gerbera daisies. My favorite flower. (One for every year we're married.)

I also try and make an extra effort with dinner, though we don't have a set dish. This year it was one of his favorites, Millionaire Chicken. Also YUUUUM.

After dinner and Dean's bedtime, we watched a couple episodes of Battlestar Galactica and called it good. It was nice.

No frilly or expensive presents. No restaurants. Not our style.

10 comments:

Emily said...

Hey "old fashioned red jacket"girl. Can I have your Millionare Chicken recipe, sounds fun!

Your cheesecake looks supurb.

-Laura- said...

Wow, that cheesecake looks amazing! Looking at it made my mouth water! So.......you're a Battlestar Galactica fan too? Kyle got me hooked on it a few years ago. Totally weird, 'cause I'm not usually a major sci-fi fan, bit I can't wait for the new season to start!

Lindsay said...

Our Valentine's was pleasantly unfrilly as well. Those kinds are just so nice.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

We only recently started watching it because of the writer strike. With no good tele Matt looked around for shows that looked promising that we'd never seen. That one was the winner. We have 2 episodes left of season 2. It's good.

Jacqui said...

Okay, you need to post both your cheesecake and chicken recipes, Celia! You tempt us with the finished product, but don't post how to do it!! :)

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I linked the cheesecake, so click on it and it will take you to the recipe. I'll post the Millionaire Chicken recipe ASAP! =)

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Oh, and I guess the only thing I did differently from the cheesecake recipe was add a little extra butter to the crust (just wouldn't stick together without it for me) and I pushed crust up the side of the pan since we like it like that.

Brian & Veronica said...

Oh Celia,
It's the simple things I treasure also. Although, being so tired all the time now, I love to have someone else make my food for me. But, for valentines, it's a treat for me to treat my husband. So, I do like to make our own dinner. This year was great for us too. Thanks for sharing your traditions. I always love learning how spouses make these efforts to always remain in love with each other. This is the way it should be, and it's just a bonus that everything was so YUUUUUM, and so beautiful! Love the "for every year we're married" idea. Maybe you should make a cheesecake for every year you're married too! haha, I'd be happy to come over and eat one all by myself! :)
Love ya,
V

J D C and N said...

Those are such fun traditions! And your cheesecake is making me drool. Hey, I was thinking about your artichoke spinach dip the other day and was totally craving it- would you ever mind posting the recipe on your blog?? :)

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Diane, I was looking for the recipe today and I can't find it. I think I used this recipe from allrecipes.