Thursday, March 08, 2007

100 things about me--on the installment plan: Part 2

Please see part 1 if you wish to start from the beginning.

26. I chug rather than sip.
27. Room temp. water is my beverage of choice unless it's a really hot day or I am overheated; then I like a little ice.
28. At one family reunion I tried to get up on a wake board so long my hands couldn't grip the bar any longer. I never did get up.
29. The most torturous location in the mall is the perfume section of any department store. Sick.
30. The vast majority of my wardrobe comes from Ross. I swear I'm a walking advertisement for them.
31. I really enjoyed taking stats for my dad's JV baseball team in High School.
32. I was so obsessed with the idea of speaking at HS graduation I dropped a graphic arts class to take a physics class half way through my senior year to move up in the class standing.
33. It didn't really move me up much; I ended up 5th in my class and didn't speak
34. My mom said I stopped taking naps at about 1 year old.
35. I think my laugh is my most distinctive characteristic
36. Rachel Ray (Food Network) is VERY annoying and I get frustrated every time I watch her show. ("De-lish!" "We're making Fun-due today. That's what I call Fondue." "We just need a little EVOO. That's what I call Extra Virgin Olive Oil for those of you who don't know.")
37. If I'm retelling a conversation I had with someone, I like trying to imitate their voice. I'm not making fun of them, I just like to convey the whole experience.
38. Sometimes I'll tell people I agree with them even if I don't. I do this to avoid unnecessary squabble over trivial things.
39. I didn't own a pair of flat shoes (other than running/exercise shoes) from 1994-2003.
40. I always have dark circles under my eyes.
41. Once when I was a teenager, a dental hygenist jokingly told me I'd not need to floss since my teeth were spaced so far apart.
42. I took her seriously and I didn't floss once until I was 23.
43. I floss every night now.
44. I've never tried rubarb though I would like to.
45. Eating beets makes me feel like I'm going to throw up. It seriuosly made me gag.
46. In Jr. High I placed 2nd in regional shot put for my weight.
47. I had athlete's induced asthma in high school. I had an inhaler.
48. I can pass up sweets pretty easily.
49. Salty and sour foods are more temptatious for me.
50. Leno over Letterman hands down; it will be a sad day when Conan O'Brien takes over for him.

To be continued...

6 comments:

Juls said...

These were great...I like my water room temperature and I HATE the perfume section...beets well they are just gross and I have never tried rubarb...maybe when you come.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I remember having and hating beets as a kid, so this year I tried them again to see if my taste buds had changed. I really did almost throw up.

Lindsay said...

Funny about the flat shoes...I'm pretty sure I'm the exact opposite. I didn't own a pair of heels until 2005. And I only bought them for a wedding. And I rarely wear them.

I like to be close to the ground.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Oh, I only had one pair of shoes. I wore "platform" or kind of chunky healed shoes. I actually do not own a real pair of skinny healed shoes.

Yankee Haffners said...

So I love beets. I'm a vegetable girl and prefer many veggies to fruits. (not big on blueberries or cherries!) I do love rhubarb though I've had to acquire the taste. I just had the most delicious rubarb custard pie the other night...yum! By the way that cook book you gave me is one of my favs. There are still lots of recipes I need to try though.

nanci said...

I wish that we could sit and talk about each of these. You are right that we are the same on some and polar oppistes on others. A few things I learned from this post: 1)That some people really do take the advice their hygienist gives. 2) I am with you on the Rachel Ray thing, though I have gotten a few good meals wading through the muck!