Thursday, February 21, 2008

On the computer

Doing nothing really, other than listening to music with the headphones blaring so loudly I don't have to listen to Dean cry while "going down for a nap". I am starting to get to the point where I say in my head, "Just shut up already!!!"

Maybe it's because he was UP EVERY 2 HOURS last night from 7 PM until 7AM.

Poor little boy.

I know he is tired because he was rubbing his eyes and yawning, not to mention cranky.

30 min. UPDATE:
Well, after crying for 30 min. (very unusual for a nap) I went in and gave him orajel just in case and rocked him a little and put him down again. Still crying. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

This morning when Dean was crying I told Matt that I was going to ban crying and he said, "Ok., but you'll have to follow that rule too."

45 min. UPDATE:
And 45 min. after putting him down it sounds like he may have just fallen asleep. Sweet peace for hopefully an hour.

Lets see if I can get some sewing done.

9 comments:

Brian & Veronica said...

Oh Celia, those days are frustrating. I hope you all get some good sleep tonight. Love you, V

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I really shouldn't complain. At least this isn't normal behavior.

The Drapers said...

I know how you are feeling.. The IPOD was my best friend for a while.. I couldn't stand listening to Lily cry... So no luck with him sleeping through the night yet?

Erin said...

Oh man, that really stinks! But, good for you for sticking to your guns. He'll learn sooner than later and you will all get some good sleep.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

His night sleeping is really erratic. Most nights he'll sleep 4 hours to start and then wake up every 2 1/2-4 hours after that. The other night he had an 8 hour stretch. I haven't had the heart to make him cry it out. Though I tell you at 5:30 this morning, I decided to go buy myself some earplugs (which I've done) so I can let him cry if I decide to.

Amy said...

Way to be strong. I know it's hard, but so worth it in the end!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

It was MUCH better last night. He went down easily at 6:30. Woke up at 7:30 and cried about 10 min., fell asleep again. Slept until 11. I fed him. He then slept until about 1 or 1:30, but I let him cry through that one with my earplugs in (about 15 min). He woke up again at 3. I tried to let him cry through that one since it had only been 4 hours since the last time he ate, but he cried for 1/2 hour so I went and fed him. He slept until 6:30 at which time he was "up for the day". He went down easily for his first nap at 8. He went down easily for his second nap at 11. So, things are much better today thus far.

Brian & Veronica said...

Good work Celia. It's hard to train babies. Heck, it's hard to train ourselves. And it's harder to train ourselves to train our babies! Man, good work. It's happening!
Love, V

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Thanks for the encouraging words V.

Last night was even better. Went down at 7. Woke up at 12 and 4 to eat. Was cheerfully "up for the day" at 6:45.

We were out running errands tonight so it messed up his sleep a little. He went down well (laughed in his crib for about 10 min.--WAY better than crying to sleep), and hopefully he'll sleep well.

And you're so right about it being hard to train ourselves and train ourselves to train our babies.