Sunday, February 10, 2008

A beautiful day in my neighborhood

72 degrees with just a hint of a breeze. Perfect for a Sunday afternoon stroll. I'd have gone on a little picnic if I had the picnic-ing type of husband.

Before moving here one of my Texan friends told me that their slogan was "If you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes." Now, if it said, "wait a day" I would agree. This week we've had fall, winter, spring and summer. One day this week I was bundled up in two layers for a walk. I had my hood up and cinched, gloves on and forged my way through a cold and bitter wind. Another day we had cold rains and hail.

Today is easily shorts worthy. It's the kind of day that makes me nostalgic for childhood games like kick the can, Andy-I-over, capture th flag, British Bulldogs, and Red Rover. And baseball games. And walking to the creek with my family. Good times.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm feeling slight pangs of jealousy because we're getting snow flurries and bitterly cold and fierce winds whipping off the bay. So, um, yeah...enjoy that beautiful weather!

Also, I think that the slogan for EVERY PLACE is "Wait 10 minutes if you don't like it." It always tickles me when someone says that, like it's unique to their city/state.

Erin said...

I just have to second everything Lindsay said!

Amy said...

British Bulldogs Rock!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Cold breeze today and loud thunderstorms last night. I'm jealous of our Sunday weather now too!