Saturday, February 16, 2008

Holy Hail!

There was tons of lightening throughout the night as I was feeding Dean. Around 6:30 AM I was climbing back in bed after one of the feedings and heard TONS of racket outside. It sounded like our house was being pelted with golf balls. Close, but not quite. I was almost worried about our windows and our roof. I was very grateful that both of our cars were safe and snug inside our garage.

It woke Matt up and I told him I wished we could get a good picture of it. He promptly got the camera and took a couple shots out our back door. He even braved the elements and got a piece of hail for a photo op.

When we moved here we heard that the hail could get bad, but we hadn't experienced anything like this yet. Insane!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yikes! That IS crazy! How long did the golf-ball hail last?

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

10 min.?

Emily said...

I LOVED IT! The boys ran in from the bedrooms because they were scared, and we all snuggled under the covers of the bed and then fell back to sleep to the sound of the rain. Lovely!

Matt was brave to go outside and get a piece, was is freezing outside?!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

pretty cold. 30s or so. He came bck and turned on a space heater to dry off.

Amy said...

Wow, that is amazing. A garage would be a necessity! Glad you were utilizing yours!