Sunday, March 18, 2007

100 thing about me--on the installment plan: Part 4

This is the final installment. If you'd like to review the previous 3 parts, please see part 1, 2, and 3

76. The fist year Matt and I were married I made him handle all meat.
77. Then I got a job as a professional cook where I had to handle up to 8 lbs. of ground beef by myself at one time. Sick. But I got over it enough to do what I needed to do.
78. I hate sleeping with the top sheet tucked in tightly.
79. I often find myself complaining about systems and roads being poorly designed...a friend suggested I should have become an engineer. Maybe I should have...
80. On Hartman's color code personality test I am primarily blue with red as my secondary. I find that to be pretty accurate.
81. I bawled in Little Women but didn't shed a tear in Titanic.
82. I'll often start a baking project to find I don't have everything I need. I'm pretty decent at finding substitutes that work well.
83. I've never eaten more than 2 small bites of a steak.
84. I do believe in global warming and cooling.
85. I don't believe that humans are the primary cause (or even a true secondary cause) for that warming or cooling. I very much agree with this documentary. (It's long, but if you ever have time, it is very worth the watch in my opinion.)
86. I get annoyed when people say that anyone who believes in Christianity or a Supreme being is ignorant or stupid. Very annoyed.
87. I've always been wary of "empirical studies" and "peer reviewed material" as a definitive source of truth.
88. Mainly because I think data can be skewed to "prove" any desired result.
89. I think clowns are a little scary.
90. Maybe that's because I watched Steven King's movie IT when I was about 10. Freaked me out. I vowed to never again watch a movie of that genre.
91. I love the gingerbread from SouperSalad.
92. My hair was not curly until after I hit puberty.
93. The only movie I've ever walked out on was What Lies Beneath. The previews were enough to make me want to leave. I didn't make it through 5 minutes of the actual movie.
94. I love, love, love to be rubbed. (Shoulder rubs, head rubs, back rubs, foot rubs. You name it, I love it.)
95. I had bad migraines in high school.
96. It used to take me anywhere from 1-2 hours to fall asleep after laying down in bed. Marriage somehow cured me of that.
97. I dyed my hair red for 5 years. One time my mom forgot it wasn't my natural color.
98. I am very happy in my marriage, and I'm sad when other people are cynical about marriage.
99. My freshman roommate really disliked me and didn't talk to me the last two months we lived together.
100. I am very blessed to be a part of my family. I love my parents, siblings, cousins and grandparents. I only wish we could see each other more often.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I agree with you on the peer reviewed stuff -- you can totally make the data say whatever you want it to. It's kind of annoying.

Juls said...

sigh...are you sure it is over...

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I'm glad you've enjoyed it. It's been nice to have an automatic topic.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you love your husband and your family of origin! Come on over and I'll rub your shoulders, head, back and feet!

You watched a Steven King movie when you were 10! How in the world did that happen.

I'm with J. I'm sorry to see this subject over. It's been fun.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I watched It at Flake Boone's house when Suzie was dating their son. I may have been older than 10, but I really can't remember the timeline. The Boone kids and some of the Waterman kids were there watching it. J., Amanda, do you remember being there? All I know if I came home and Suzie tucked me into bed and I was so sared to go to sleep.