Friday, February 08, 2008

Faces

So, I think he's teething. He's not quite 4 months (on Tuesday he will be 4), but he's been a total drool monster (we're talking massive amounts of drool) for the last month. The past couple of days he's been getting rashes on his chin, and he's been really irritable for no apparent reason. He's been munching on his hand whenever he gets the chance. Also, he's been coughing but not congested. Like a tickle in your throat cough (or maybe choking on his spit). I don't know. Matt thinks it's too early, and I know it's early, but it's possible. I gave him baby orajel last night when he couldn't go to sleep. (He cried for almost 2 hours. He'd fall asleep for about 5 min., wake up and cry for a bit, fall asleep for about 5 min., wake up and cry etc.) After I gave him the orajel he finally fell asleep.

He's getting pretty good at his ulnar grasping. He can pick things up (usually by accident), grab his blankets and rags, etc. It's fun. He's also a pro at holding his head up now. He seems super long to me. He's not quite 4 months and he fits almost all of the 6 month clothes. I know he weighs over 15 lbs. His feet are almost too big for the 0-6 mo. and he's already wearing 6-18 mo. socks! He's going to be tall like his daddy. Also, he is finding his voice and will experiment with sounds. He loves looking at himself in the mirror. I try and do tummy time everyday, but he can't stand being on his tummy more than 3-4 min. at a time and starts shrieking if he feels it has gone too long.

These are my interpretations of the following pictures. Isn't he cute?
(I know I've posted a few of these already...)

Happy, giggly, sleepy, shy, interested, bored, distracted, surprised, thoughtful, determined, sad.



10 comments:

Erin said...

What cute pictures! I think "Thoughtful" is my favorite.

It definitely sounds like he's teething to me. I had another friend who's baby started teething at just over 3 months! So, it's never too early.

Lindsay said...

Love the pics. It's possible he's teething, but just as a heads up, Garrett starting doing the same thing (excessive drooling, extreme hand-to-mouth magnetism, etc) when he was just shy of 4 months, but we haven't seen a tooth yet...and he's 7 months now. The doctor told us at his appointment at about the same time that started that it was "pre-teething." Still, though...could be a tooth...I guess you'll know for sure in a few days. If it's not a tooth, maybe a growth spurt? I imagine those can be uncomfortable. :) Garrett's a long, lean baby, too. While up top he's fitting 6-9 month clothes fairly well, he's requiring 12 month sized stuff on the bottoms. Long legged boys!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Actually, it seems as though he'll have a long body as opposed to long legs. He was able to wear 3 mo. pants almost a month longer than the 3 mo. tops! Both of his grandpas are like that, so I wouldn't be surprised if he is too.

CASSIE said...

so cute!! he is getting sooo big! not soo early to get teeth by the way..coming from the rdh...some babies are born with them! good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

You had your first tooth break through at 3 months. Is that a sign of an overachiever? :}

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Ha. that makes sense though. I read somewhere that tooth development is hereditary.

Anonymous said...

It could be teething-4 months is about right, though I've known some toothless 12 monthers-but it could also be an ear infection. With a baby, it is anyones guess...

AmyJane said...

He's totally adorable! I love all their littel faces at this age...they start becoming such little people!
We had several months of "pre-teething" behavior as well, but they say 3-10 months is normal for a first tooth to appear. Anyway, it always makes you feel better to be able to "explain away" the crankies and teething is always suspect, right? :)

Colleen said...

Ahhh. Cute baby, Celia. He looks a lot like Nathan did as a baby.

Colleen said...

P.S. all my babies got their first teeth about four months, usually drooling and cranky for a month. Jake was 3 months when his first tooth popped through!