Tuesday, March 13, 2007

100 things about me--on the installment plan: Part 3

If you missed them and would like to know more about me, please see part 1 and part 2.

51. It makes me uncomfortable to watch people sing up close. Especially really sappy emotional singers that do a lot of weird stuff with their facial expressions and close their eyes a lot.
52. The summer after my senior year of High School I bought a photo enlarger and developing equipment thinking I'd one day have my own dark room.
53. That equipment is still sitting at my parents' house and I never have used it. If anyone wants it and is in northern AZ, I'm looking to give it away.
54. I submitted a portfolio for the BYU photography major but wasn't accepted.
55. I'm allergic to the cold. I get hives.
56. The worst job I ever had was working at a tomato farm picking suckers 9 hours a day. That lasted only 2 weeks.
57. The closest I ever came to getting in a fight was during an 8th grade city league basketball game.
58. I quit playing basketball in 10th grade because I didn't like how angry and intense I could get.
59. If someone tells me I can't/shouldn't do something I think I should be able to do, I set out to prove them wrong.
60. I was a frequent sleep talker and walker as a child.
61. I tend to freak out (unknowingly) if Matt comes to bed after I'm asleep. I sit up, hyperventilate, and/or speak rapid gibberish. I generally don't remember much of those episodes the next morning.
62. Sometimes I flip ahead in books I'm reading and read a random page or paragraph to see who's still important at that point.
63. I easily forget plots, twists, and outcomes of movies and books. I can re-watch and re-read almost anything at least once and still be genuinely surprised.
64. I've read every Mary Higgins Clark book. Some of them more than twice. I don't know what it is about her writing...
65. I generally like my body and have a good self-image.
66. I was going to get laser hair removal this year, but I don't think I can while I'm pregnant.
67. I would be happy with 11 months of temperatures ranging 65-75* and 1 month of sweater and hot chocolate weather.
68. Matt and I call each other by our names. We have no pet names. We don't even call each other honey or sweetheart. It's weird to even think about calling him that. lol.
69. I love adrenaline pumping activities like cliff jumping, fast roller coasters, and free falling.
70. I can get very fired up if I feel I or someone else has been belittled or unjustly berated.
71. I used to chew on pens until they were so bad I had to throw them away.
72. Once as a freshman I borrowed my biology teacher's pen and unconsciously chewed on the cap. I gave him back the pen without the cap and he freaked out. I think he swore at me if I remember correctly.
73. I participated in 2 scholarship pageants. (i.e. the county level of Miss America)
74. My parents were very sad when I chose to wear a 2-piece tankini the second year for swimsuit. I figured I'd rather people look at my tiny waist than my not so tiny thighs.
75. I was a mostly vegetarian for about 10-12 years. There is a little discrepancy as to whether I started that at age 7 or 9.

one more guys...I know you can't wait...To be continued

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really do love to read these installments. It is so fun to see how much we have in common. i used to chew pens so much that they would sometimes come apart and leak in my coat pockets, ruining my coats. Luckily I don't do that much anymore.

Juls said...

oh I was a pen bitter too! Maybe it was genetic :) We must be sisters because I saw a lot of things in common too...can't wait for part 4.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I'm glad you enjoy reading them. It's fun trying to think up 100 interesting/quirky things about myself. We'll see how desperate for new items I am in the last 25...

nanci said...

I loved the installment plan also, I wish I had done that, it has much more substance. congrats!