Sunday, February 17, 2008

Millionaire Chicken

MILLIONAIRE CHICKEN—serves 4-6 adults
Ingredients
8 Tbsp (1/2 C) soy sauce 
4 Tbsp (1/4 C) honey
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
6 Tbsp oil (I use light olive oil)
4 green onions, chopped
1 tsp. Grated ginger or ½ tsp. Ground ginger
ground pepper to taste
pinch of cayenne pepper
3-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or a combination of dark and white, shredded. this is a good use for leftover roaster chicken.)
4-6 servings hot cooked white or brown rice

Directions
1. Boil the Chicken breasts in water until cooked through. Once done cooking, shred the chicken. (You can also do the chicken in a crock pot covered in water on low for 6-8 hours ).
2. Combine the other ingredients together in a saucepan and heat on the stove till it is just about to boil. Add the chicken meat and toss to coat. Serve on top of white or brown rice.

9 comments:

Lady Steed said...

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Now everyone has my favorite recipe and they will never come to my house to enjoy it!!!!!

Th. said...

.

Wow. Risky. Putting other families' recipes online. You're daring.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I didn't know it was a secret recipe.

And if it makes you feel any better, I think only 1 or 2 people who know you actually read my blog...and I would imagine FoxyJ would still like to come for dinner if you're offering...I know I would!

=)

Jacqui said...

Thanks for posting this recipe, Celia! I'll never be going to Lady Steed's house, so am grateful to have it! ;) Now, about that cheesecake recipe...

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Jacqui, in that Traditions post you can click on the words "real New York Cheesecake" and it will take you directly to the recipe. Or you can go to allrecipes.com and search for Chantel's New York Cheesecake. That's the recipe I used.

Lindsay said...

Okay, so not only does this look totally do-able, but incredibly delicious as well. You twisted my arm into picking up a few ingredients when I stopped by the grocery store today, so pretty soon we'll be eating millionaire chicken at our house. :)

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I hope you guys like it! It's one of our favorites.

Erin said...

I'm making it tonight! I'll have to give you a report. Thanks for the recipe!

Jacqui said...

Made it tonight. So easy and YUMOLA! I cooked the chicken in the crockpot and doubled the sauce recipe so we could add a bit more to our rice. Served chicken with short-grain brown rice and steamed broccoli. Delish!