Wednesday, July 02, 2008

...You Can Dance

Overall it was a hard night to pick. It's always like that when there are 2 dances, though. I don't know if there was 1 couple that I just loved both dances. I really liked one of the two dances for each couple. So, I actually voted 3 times.

Ok. Ok. I take it back! Chelsie H. is good enough for the finals. Even if she looks super young. She did dance really well, and Mark wasn't so bad himself.

I liked Thayne and Comfort better than I did with their old partners. I can't remember their first dance, though, so that's a bad sign...

I think Twitch is one of the best storytellers and Kherrington is right up there with him. They have a really, really good partnership. Of all of the dancers, their average for the two dances was the best for me. They were one of the couples I voted for.

I think Jessica's seriously holding their partnership back, but I did feel sorry for her when the judges said that for the billionth time and she was about to cry. She did better on their second dance than any other dance I've seen her do. What's up with the negligees and half dressed men though? I didn't like feeling like I was intruding on bedroom private moments...

I imagine that if Kourtney and Matt are in the bottom 3 they'll boot Matt. Not sure about Kourtney (depends on the other girls in the bottom...if Jessica's there, I'd boot her...), but I wouldn't be surprised. I did like their mambo a lot more than the judges gave them credit for, though.

I was a little shocked that Gev seemed so "soft" on the hip hop routine (that was hip hop, right?). He just didn't seem very confident in himself on that oddly enough. The whole time on that dance I thought she out danced him. HOWEVER, I thought that he was really great in the Broadway. I couldn't stop watching him.

I thought Katee and Joshua were both really good. I think they danced well. I did not like her hair in the first dance though.

I think the competition between the girls is really tight honestly. I'm still seeing Will, Twitch, and Joshua at the top for the boys though. I guess we'll see how good everyone is at adapting when they mix up the partnerships.

3 comments:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I feel like such a groupie writing this post...

randa_joy said...

OK I feel like I miss about half the show because it's right during Addie's crazy times before bed BUT I think my fave was the first Mia Micheals routine w/ Joshua & Katee. I also loved Comfort in the smooth waltz. I want her to have a really strong partner like Will. I think she is just growing so much. I really would like to know all of the dancers actual experience because, like Joshua for instance, says that he comes from the "projects" or whatever, but that doesn't mean that he hasn't had extensive ballet training. Know what I mean? Whereas Gev gives me the vibe that he really hasn't had any opportunity to dance these other styles and it's really all new to him and he's doing a really good job picking it up. Who knows. who cares? bla bla

Breann Bryant said...

Oh Celia I love your commentary about the show. I love it and am a faithful watcher and double watcher because we record it.
I totally agree with you on remembering people after 2 dances. I have made my predictions of my top 5 guys but the girls are not as solid for me. I definetly have 3 that I want in the finals but we will see if the rest of the people agree with me. :)
Hope everything is going great.