Monday, July 14, 2008

Trick caught on tape: on the move

Dean's crawling now. He doesn't lift his body off the ground, but he can get from "point a" to "point b" by himself if he's motivated enough. He still prefers to have help from me, but doesn't require it. He also sleeps on his stomach, which is a little funny to me since he was so anti-stomach for so long. (Still kind of is when he's awake.) I thought this crawling video was kind of funny. I set the camera away from me and was trying to get him to crawl toward me, but he had something else motivating his movement.

Some other funny things recently:He sucks his lips a lot. He has been babbling in a very growly voice. He is starting to understand cause and effect and likes turning on and off lights. He knows what part on his little leap frog creates the music and immediately rolls it when the music's stopped playing. Sometimes he moves his body like he's dancing to the music. Not sure if he really is, but I wouldn't be surprised.

7 comments:

Erin said...

I love that you are laughing so hard during the video! I laugh at Anna's little "tricks" all day long. These kids are so entertaining!

CASSIE said...

I LOVE THAT HE WHINES THE WHOLE TIME HE IS TRYING...RANAN LIKES TO DO THE SAME THING!!

Tom and Audrie said...

All my kids scooted like that when they were little! Have fun with the house now needing more baby proofing!

Lindsay said...

Go, Dean, go! I love his blank stares into the camera. Classic!

Emily said...

Ahhhh, the combat crawl. My kids did this for MONTHS! I waited and waited for the "real" crawling to start, and then before I knew it they were RUNNING. And now stuff happens like today, when Josh pushed the garage door button to close, right on my car. LOVE IT!

Juls said...

I loved it when my kids sucked on their lip. too cute! see you in a few days!

Wendy said...

I have a video very similar to this of my oldest. He got really fast doing what we called the "army crawl". Too fun!