Monday, July 28, 2008

So you had a bad day...

I mentioned earlier that we thought Matt got food poisoning at the end of our trip. Well, we're thinking now it was the flu. Poor little Dean had a temp. ranging from 100-103 all day yesterday and this morning. He only threw up a little once and only had a little diarrhea, but he was so sad. The worst part was taking him to the Dr. this morning and having them do different tests (during nap time no less) that made him very angry and almost inconsolable. I think he had a milder version of what Matt had. He didn't want to play with anything, eat or drink anything (except nursing), and do anything but have me hold him. I didn't mind holding him, but that didn't make him happy either. The only little happy reprieve he had during all of this was his bath last night. He actually smiled...until I took him out and all heck broke loose.

His fever finally broke after his second nap today. He woke up soaked in sweat. Once I calmed him down (he was still a bit angry from the Dr.'s visit I think), he started acting more like himself. He was still a little tired since the sickness totally disrupted his naps and night sleeping yesterday and this morning, but he was much happier after the fever broke.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Isn't it the worst when your baby is sick? I hate seeing them so unhappy and lethargic. Hope he fully recovers soon!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Ah man. Temperature is back. 102* this morning.

It is sad to see them sick. I hope he recovers soon too!! Thanks Lindsay.

Erin said...

That really stinks. We have had a few kids in our ward with unexplainable fevers lately. It is the worst. I hope that Dean gets better soon and that you all get some rest.