Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wii finally found one

It's ridiculous how difficult it is to obtain a Nintendo Wii. I've been calling about 10 stores every day for the past week checking to see if any of them have it. Usually the answer is a plain "no and we don't know when we'll get any". Yesterday one guy said they got some in at 10 AM and were sold out by noon (I was calling at 12:30 pm). Today I finally found one! It was unfortunately bundled with Wii play and a nunchuck, so it ended up being about $90 more than the basic package, but we got it nonetheless. We'd probably have gotten the nunchuck eventually and the other controller, so we're okay with the unfortunate bundle package and are going to keep it. They didn't even set them out on the shelves. They just kept it behind the counter and waited for people to ask for it.

We've wanted one for awhile since I've heard such rave reviews from gamers and non-gamers alike, but we decided to bite the bullet so we could take it to our family reunion this weekend. Now we just have to find a rockband bundle and we'll be all set.

8 comments:

becki said...

oh, congrats. I had NO idea they were that hard to get one. hope you enjoy it, I hear they are super fun! good luck finding rockband!

Jodi Reeve said...

We have played for joint activities a few times and they are a lot of fun.

randa_joy said...

wii almost never play ours. it was a gift from my husband's parents. we played guitar hero for about a week and my neices play it when they come over and i like making miis of everyone. i'm so cheap though that it's fun to have something that's just for fun. oh also i hope i'll see you guys at the parade or the play on saturday.

holly said...

Brent and I are big fans of 'Excite Truck' and 'Big Brain Academy'.

-Laura- said...

SO fun! I hear the yoga "game" is super fun and challenging.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Randa, don't know if I'll make it to the parade (I'll try), but we'll be at the play on Sat. night. I'm going to hopefully run the 10k. And I'm sure we'll be in and out of the craft fair thing since it's so close to my house.

Lindsay said...

Enjoy your Wii! I played for the first time at our family reunion and was surprised by how fun it is -- and this from a non-gamer. I really liked the bowling on Wii Sport.

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

color us jealous at our house. . .my boys would go crazy if I broke down and got a wii. . .but I just keep telling them that their ps2 is good enough. . .and tell me when you get rockband, because we will definitely be helping you break it in!!