Wednesday, July 02, 2008

A bit of this and that

Yesterday was a very whiny day for Dean. The only time he was remotely happy was the 1 hour at the pool. (Thank HEAVENS for the pool!) Those days are hard.

Today was much better though! I had a little smiley guy for most of the day. He even worked harder at crawling than ever! He usually gives up and begs me to rescue him really quickly. But he was trying so hard his little knees were rug burned!

We've been having to do a little more sleep training (i.e. let him cry it out for 1 1/2 hours until he's so exhausted he goes back to sleep). I tell you what! Sheesh it's so hard to listen to your baby cry. I just have to have Matt remind me that it will be better for him (and us!) in the long run.

These were from 2 Sundays ago. My boys are so cute!

3 comments:

CASSIE said...

AHHH..IT SO SOOO SAD TO JUST HAVE TO LAY THERE AND LISTEN TO THEM CRY..I FEEL LIKE THE WORST MOM EVER!! I THINK THE LONGEST I EVER LET HIM CRY AT NIGHT WAS CLOSE TO 2 HOURS! THIS LAST WEEK WE DID SLEEP TRAINING AS WELL..HE IS NOW GOING GROM 8-6ISH THEN BACK DOWN TILL 8-- I AM LOVING IT! IT TOOK HIM 3 NIGHTS OF CRYING BEFORE HE GOT THE HANG OF IT..I HOPE THIS WEEKEND AT THE CABIN DOESN'T MESS THINGS ALL UP! GOOD LUCK!

J D C and N said...

Those are such cute pictures...I love daddy and the boys picture at our house too. And man, I hear ya about letting them cry it out. I guess that's why we're moms because we can't stand the sound and will always want to help them (whereas daddies like to ignore it most of the time....hehe) I hope he starts doing better for ya.

Tom and Audrie said...

It is way hard and way worth it to listen to them cry it out. Mine only took around 3-5 nights of this and then they would sleep through the night. Good Luck!!!