Monday, June 30, 2008

Handedness

I am right handed. Matt is left handed. He is slightly disappointed that Dean is right handed. (He claims that left handed people are more intelligent...)

The other day it somehow came up that Matt is right footed. He claimed that it was normal to be opposite footed than handed. I disagreed.

I personally am right handed and right footed. I am left eye dominant.

So, I am quite curious to see who is "right". Is it more normal for people to be opposite footed or same footed as handed?

Please take my poll in my side bar and help me out! (Come on over you google readers...it will only take a sec!)

*UPDATE: When I say "footed", I'm generally referring to what foot you'd kick with.*

6 comments:

Emily said...

I am both right handed and right footed, my "power leg" as I call it is a bit thicker so my jeans fit more snug on the right which bugs me to death. Weird?!

Amy said...

David is also left handed (I'm right handed), and really hopes Josh will be left handed too (he hasn't really shown too much preference one way or the other yet). It makes me laugh, so I just root for him to be right handed just for kicks! I'm not sure about which "footed" I am, though. I jump more off my left leg, but if I were to play kickball or something, I would use my right foot. What does that make me? I am also left eye dominant.

We're really similar here too! Funny.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Emily, that's pretty cool you have a power leg, but not cool you can tell so much it bugs you.

Amy, I would consider you left footed. Matt and I were talking about the ball kicking thing in regards to footedness.

randa_joy said...

I am right on both. My husband writes with his right but is otherwise pretty ambidextrous. I still can't tell if Addie is a lefty or a righty. She colors and eats with whichever one is (sorry) "handy."

Erin S. said...

Thanks for clarifying the "footed"! I hadn't voted yet because I wasn't sure exactly what it meant. :)

Erin said...

My Dad is left-handed but bats right-handed and kicks right-footed. So, I'm afraid that Matt just may be right. :)