Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'll take it

About two years ago I bought 2 new pairs of shorts since it was just too hot here for pants. Luckily long shorts were in, so I was able to find modest and cute shorts. Prior to that I hadn't bought non-workout shorts since...1994 or 95. (I still have those shorts in my closet. I wore them yesterday out of desperation.) Crazy, I know, but "cute" shorts were just too short for a looong time.

2 pairs of shorts don't cut it in the summer here with a messy baby. I can't wear clothes quite as many times as I used to before needing to wash them. My two pairs of "new" shorts were dirty, and after wearing my dated 1990's shorts yesterday and wearing pants today, I made an impromptu shopping trip for shorts. (I know, I could have just done laundry, but what fun is that?)

Long story short, I went to Target and found notta-one-thing I even wanted to try on. So I pressed forward to Ross. I almost left without trying anything on since they didn't have ANYTHING in my "normal" Ross size. I decided to try on 5 pairs two sizes smaller. Two were ridiculously too small. But two happened to fit quite nicely. (Yes, they were all the same "size," but the styles were different.)

So, today I added two more pairs of shorts to my collection (up to 5 total now-4 "un-embarrassingly wearable") for $15 total. (I love Ross.) I feel good because they are significantly smaller than the shorts I bought before I got pregnant. And since I'm blabbing all my size secrets (ok, not all), I'm actually weighing in about 5-6 lbs. less than pre-preg. and actually slightly less than my senior year of high school.

I'll take it.

6 comments:

CASSIE said...

WAY TO GO CELIA! I LOVE ROSS TO! I CAN USUALLY BUY SMALLER SIZES THAT BOOST MY SELF-ESTEEM A LITTLE! GOOD JOB ON WEIGHING IN LESS THAN PRE-PREGGO...I DID THAT WITH JADA, AND NOW EVEN AFTER RANAN IN AM WEIGHING IN LESS THAN BEFORE BOTH KIDS..MY GOAL IS TO GET SMALLER WITH EVERY KID...CRAZY--WE'LL SEE...I STRONGLY BELIEVE THE NURSING HAS ALOT TO DO WITH IT!

Lindsay said...

Seriously -- I love being in better shape now than I ever was before Garrett was born. Just yesterday Blake mentioned to me in passing that I look better that I did when we got married. And when I pressed for what "look better" meant, he gave me all the right answers: skinnier waist, firmer in all the right places, and that healthy "glow." I love what motherhood and my on-foot life in Brooklyn has done to me. :)

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

yeah, sizes are pretty arbitrary and vary from brand to brand. But who wants to nitpick that issue? Good luck on that goal cass! I can't imagine you being any smaller, though, you're already tiny!

Lindsay, living in a city where you have to walk (and carry/push a baby) everywhere has got to be an amazing exercise program. Good job!

Erin said...

Good for you!

I unfortunately gain like crazy while nursing. I've had to bust my butt with strict dieting and rigorous exercise to just barely crack the pre-prego weight. I'm hoping to get significantly under it by the end of summer but we'll have to see.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Yeah, some people are so different in this regard. I think that nursing helps me a lot. Three of the girls in my family lose weight while nursing. One can't lose everything she wants until she's done nursing. Every body's different.

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

nice celia!! I hear ya on the shorts thing. . .I was the exact same way. In AZ, I wouldn't be caught dead in shorts because of how 'white' my legs were. . .and now here in the 'fabulous' humidity, I have also expanded my wardrobe to include many pairs of shorts. . .Ross is a must, right along with TJ Maxx!! (however my friend just got some really cute shorts for $8 at the Nordstrom's Rack in Plano. . .care to take a road trip? :) )