Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Post Op and Piano

We went in for Dean's post op. appointment to make sure he was healing fine. The Dr. said all was looking good. He's still a total drool pot, but he's mostly back to himself. He's been waking up 2-3 at night, though, and that's no fun. He's also had a harder time going down for naps since the surgery. Two nights ago he was in his normal routine of down by 6:30, up at 4:30 to eat and then up at 7:30 for the day. I just wish it would have lasted...I'm sure we'll get there soon enough.

I was nodding off during one of my piano lessons today. Dean woke up at 6:00 this morning, and I do not go to bed early enough to do that! Plus we had a nice long 4+ mi. run in the wind today. And we went "swimming" (in the little blow up pool out back) in the hot 90's. So I was a bit worn out by lesson time. (4 students today.)

And speaking of lessons, it looks like I'll have 16 students for the summer. During the school year I only have 12, so it will be a bit of a change. Summer's sporadic enough that I think it will work out ok though. I hope.

I decided to cancel my recital dress rehearsal that was supposed to take place on Saturday. One of my students was hospitalized all last week and this week (crazy story behind it!), and that family has 3 students. Then a couple of the other families' schedules looked really tight with it. I figured I'd just do a mini-rehearsal with each of them at their lessons this week. I'd announce them and sit in the "audience". I made them walk up, sit down nicely, play, bow and smile, and walk back to their seats. It really seemed to give a different feel for the students. Hopefully we'll pull it off on Monday!

Because I canceled the dress rehearsal, we will be able to go to the TEXAS SCOTTISH FESTIVAL! I'm excited. I hope it's not too hot and that Dean will be able to handle a messed up schedule!

Here's a post op video taken yesterday.

5 comments:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Grrr. I forget that my camera is silly like that. I wish I could rotate the video! Sorry.

Juls said...

My camera is the same! Are you going to run the 10K in Snowflake? I haven't run that far in ages, and would probably be REALLY slow, but are you going to?

Emily said...

I love the name drool pot. ;)

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

J. I really want to. It's only 6 mi. You just did a triathlon sprint! You'll be just fine. I haven't run that far in awhile either, but I run 4 mi. often enough and another two shouldn't be that much harder. I am slow now though. I used to run between 7-8 min. miles. I now run more like 9-10 min. miles. Who cares?

Thanks Em. He really could fill a pot with his drool. (Though that's not why I called him that.) It's way worse than his teething drool.

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

16 students!? My oh my, when do you have the time lady? :) I'm just starting up my summer lessons next week so wish me luck. . .Dean is lookin' good as usual!