Wednesday, June 25, 2008

So you think...

Ok. Sorry to alienate all you people who don't care for SYTYCD, but I wanted put in my 2 cents. I know how you feel since I felt the same way when people blogged about American Idol. (I always think, "who cares?" haha.)

First off, Matt hates this type of show. Every time he walked through the living room when I had it on he'd make a comment on how silly they looked etc. I finally told him that I needed him to not say negative things about it since I'm an impressionable person. I haven't been as fired up about this season as last, and I think it's partially because of his negativity. So now he walks through and makes "positive" comments (jovially). While I know he's being sarcastic, it actually has helped and I'm not as bugged.

People who need to be kicked off in order:
  • Mark, Chelsea (I just haven't been impressed with either of them. Boring. Not finalist material.)
  • Chris (Good dancer, just not confident enough in himself. The judges are too harsh on him, though), Jessica (cute but CHEERLEADER)
  • Thayne, and this is where it gets harder for the girls.
Boys I think will be in the finals:
  • I think Twitch and Will have the best chance. Great personalities and I just haven't seen either of them do much wrong, even on dances outside their genre.
  • Joshua may sneak in there. He had great Latin hips going tonight. That surprised me a bit.
Matt is by far the best technician, but I don't think it will get him there unless he loosens up. I felt bad for them tonight. It really should have been their night since they had their genre. The dance was just a bit odd and I think Nigel was right on when he said it would be hard for the audience to connect to it. They did their dance great, but the choreography didn't do it for me.

I really like Gev, but I don't know if he has enough confidence to make it all the way. Who knows though?

Girls I think will be in the finals:
  • Kherrington and Courtney are my guesses for the top 2, but...
  • Katee and Comfort may sneak in there.
I think Kourtni will be too tall once partners split up and she goes with someone else.

Chelsie is just soooo young looking. While she danced well tonight, I almost thought she looked more believable as her partner's daughter than wife/girlfriend. Personality wise, she doesn't do much for me, and I just don't think she'll hold up to the end.I totally muted the TV every time the guest judge spoke tonight. That guy bugs me A LOT.

So what was up with the half dresses? While I thought it was very flattering on Courtney, I didn't think it was good for Katee. Plus it was a bit distracting in my opinion (for both).

Tonight I voted for: Gev and Courtney

9 comments:

randa_joy said...

SO glad you did this post because I have been not wanting ALL of my posts to be T.V./movie related so I have been shirking them BUT SYTYCD is my absolute favorite all year (except that it's an Olympic year, Summer Olympics at that, and I LOVE gymnastics). Anyway I agree w/ everything you said. At this point I really think the winner will be one of the 3 guys you named. I also really like Kate, Kher & Comf. We'll see when they start cutting the chaff from the couples and every couple gets stronger.

Erin said...

I love Chelsie! To me, she is the epitomy of the show. She's a ballroom dancer yet consistantly puts on amazing performances in other genres. I actually think she'll go pretty far. Just for the shear fact that she's a Mormon girl from Utah and a lot of the home-towners are voting for her.

I also have to echo the negative-comment-making-husband sentiment. I finally told Spencer the same thing.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

RJ, I'm excited for the Olympics as well. My projected winner is Twitch.

But once they break down the partners and they have to do 2 dances a week you can see a real division, so I may be premature in my guesses.

As for the girls, I obviously haven't found much of a divide since my main complaints were:

boring, cheerleader, too tall, and too young.

I hope people don't vote for Chelsie just because she's Mormon. I kinda think that's lame. And, I'll probably like her better once she gets a different partner. I'm not a big fan of the one she has.

Curtis, Crystal, Vance, Kael, and Merek Birdno said...

I completely understand what you mean about husbands. Curtis doesn't say anything but you can tell that he doesn't like this show. I love dance and I wish I could do it more but whatever. I agree with you completely. I hate that it truly a popularity contest but that is the way things go. And the Olympics rock!! I watched the Gymnastic trial last weekend and I was really impressed with the women. I think we have a great chance this year.

Breann Bryant said...

Dearest Celia,
I totally blog stalked Alethia's and clicked on yours because I know how funny and witty you are. I was not disappointed when reading your blog.
THANK YOU for your SYTYCD post. I am an addict of this show. It is truly one of the only ones that I could not live without. Loved Loved your comments disagreed with only one about Chelsea & Mark I actually really liked their dance. But to each his own.
I will let you go now. Sorry about the long post.
YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

Breann :)

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Breann - Thanks for all the compliments! I don't consider it blog stalking if you're practically family!! Glad you popped over.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

THis comment is after the result show started but before the dancers have danced.

I totally got Mark and THayne mixed up. I meant that Chelsea (black) and Thayne (her partner) should be going. However, I honestly think the judges will kick off Chris. Not sure about the girl.

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

I'm glad the obsession is shared Celia! I do like Chelsie Hightower alot. . .Everytime she dances I think "She's not supposed to be able to do that, she's Ballroom!" Thayne is actually Matt's buddy from HS, so we have to pull for him.. .but I do wish, he can pull something spectacular off this next week! Totally with you on Twitch and Kherington. . . not feeling Katee AT ALL. . . but I'm a big supporter of Will!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Ok, ok. Maybe I've underestimated Chelsie. It's very possible. She just seems soooooo young.

And that's pretty cool your Matt knows Thayne. Tell him to kick it up a notch!