Friday, June 06, 2008

I like the night life,

I like to watch movies. (You thought I was going to say "I like to boogie", didn't you? Well, I do, but I doubt I'd EVER be able to talk Matt into that again...)

Matt and I were supposed to go to a movie for my birthday back in April, but that fell through because show times were horrible for the night we had a babysitter. That night we just ended up going out to dinner. Yummy but a little boring.

Tonight went much better in the way of entertainment.

Remember when I arranged the piece of music for the Young Women for camp? Well, they were super nice, and as a thank you they gave us a free night out. They got us movie tickets, a gift certificate to a good restaurant, and free babysitting! We actually opted to take the movie and babysitting tonight and just do the food later. Everything worked out nicely. Dean went to bed when he was supposed to (and slept the whole time). (Surprisingly since it was the worst day ever for napping!!) Our babysitter was awesome (one of my piano moms)!

We saw Chronicles of Narnia, Prince Caspian, AND THE MOVIE WAS GREAT!!!! I seriously loved it. They really couldn't have casted the movie better. The girls were perfect. I would have TOTALLY had a crush on both the boys (Edmund and Peter. The Prince was ok, but not my type.) if I was a teenager again. The battle scenes were well done. The humor was funny. I need to read the books again. What a great thank you gift!

8 comments:

-Laura- said...

That sounds so fun! I can't wait to see that movie. Kyle and I have been watching all the previews online ever since they came out!

Lindsay said...

What an awesome thank you gift from the young women! Seriously, I think I'd surprise myself at what I'd do to receive a thank you like that!

Erin said...

It's good to hear you say you liked the movie. Most times you say you hated it or could take or leave it. I'm glad you had a great time!

Emily said...

Good for you to get out. What a nice gift!

Amanda said...

Am I the only one who TOTALLY thought that was a picture of Nate at age 15? The mouth looks a little different, but I seriously thought you had photoshopped his face onto a knights body or something. HAHA.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Yes, Laura. GO! It was so good.

Lindsay, I must say it made my work feel worth it!

Oh, yeah Erin. I totally loved it.

Ha. Amanda, I can see it. I actually think Caleb will look JUST like him when he gets older.

Lois said...

I'm so glad you got some reward for all that hard work! Amanda, when Dad looked at this he immediately said, that looks like Nate!

Maria said...

What a great thank you gift! That makes it SO much easier to get out! We saw that movie too just before we moved to California (had a gift card good only in Utah) and both of us loved it!