Friday, January 04, 2008

Just shoot me.

Poor little Dean had his 2 month check up this morning. He's definitely getting bigger! (The first picture was taken his 1st week. The second was taken his 10th week.)

Weight at birth: 8 lbs. 6 oz.
Weight today: 13 lbs. 10 oz.

Length at birth: 21 3/4 inches
Length today: 24 1/2 inches

He was doing perfectly fine until the mean nurse (she was actually very nice) started shooting him with his vaccine needles. He seems to be sore now with a little fever. The Tylenol seems to be taking the edge off, but he's still even fussier than normal. So sad.

On the flip side, he's really learning to smile and coo so much better. Here are some pictures from a little photo shoot earlier than this week.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute. My original thoughts are the same. He looks like you with Matt's mouth and now with Matt's smile. Too bad he's fussy, but he'll outgrow it.

Emily said...

Cute! Those shots at the Dr. are always the pits.

Don't stress the fussy baby stuff. It goes away!

The Drapers said...

Celia,
He is really big. Lily weighed 13 lbs at her 6 month appt. (about 2 weeks ago) and she is 26 inches long. Lily was really fussy the first 2 months of her life. It seemed she has mellowed out. Its harder on Mom than baby!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Wow Lesley! He is big. Or Lily is small. Or a combo.

Sometimes I just feel like I can't take any more crying. I feel bad because I start to get angry and frustrated with him. I know he can't help it, but sometimes I feel like I got the "broken" model that's stuck on "waaaaa".

It's getting better though, and I just have to stick it out. I know (hope) he won't stay fussy forever.

Erin S. said...

He is just too cute! If you ever need help, just call! I can't believe it's been about two months already!

Brooke said...

He is so cute! I'm so glad to see more pictures of him. His hair is getting so long.

The Drapers said...

One idea, eventually I found out with Lily she had acid reflux. Does he show any signs of that? Alot of Dr.'s say that they are crying for no reason, but sometimes I really think there is reason. Maybe something you are eating is bothering him. I don't know I just know exactly how you feel and it is soooo hard.. The first 3 months of Lily's life I thought what have we done, and I did not feel over whelming joys of being a mother!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I think he might have a mild case of acid reflux. We actually have a prescription for meds for it, but haven't filled it. He's been spitting up really bad today and I think he doesn't like when I eat beans (we had white chicken chili last night). But they're my main source of protein!! I don't know if I really can give them up.