Sunday, January 13, 2008

A couple of firsts

When you're a baby there are firsts cropping up all over the place!

Today was our first day playing hooky from church since we were sick. Dean and I have had a bit of a cold all week, but last night was the worst. Dean was up almost every hour coughing and his nose is super congested as well. He can barely breathe when he's eating and has been extra slobbery at night since he has to sleep with his mouth wide open. We're both feeling a little better and I hope that he'll be able to sleep better. And he hates the stupid bulb booger snatcher thing. He screams and screams when I try and use it.





Another first we had while he was in CA was his first trip to the ocean. I had taken him on some walks by the ocean before this, but he was asleep and in his stroller, so I am not counting it. Unfortunately we didn't spend as much time there as I would have liked, but I guess we'll go back in two years, right? By then he'll be much more excited about it I'm sure.

Tonight was the first time he woke up from a nap without
crying.
I heard a few movement noises and when I peaked in he flashed me a winning smile. I could get used to that!

I am trying to get Dean used to his crib since he's been sleeping in the pack n' play in our room. The last two days I've put him down for naps in his room to get used to the new set up before I move him in for good. He's done pretty well, and has been completely enamored with the bumper and mobile. There are so many colors and patterns to look at! It was so funny the first time I put him in there. He didn't cry once but stayed up an extra 1/2 hour (even though he was really tired) just looking at everything. It was cracking me up.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sorry you guys were all sick! Get yourselves better soon!

Also, about those award-winning smiles when Dean wakes up? Just wait until they explode into fits of absolute excitement, complete with grins, giggles, kicks, and shrieks. So awesome. So, so awesome. It does wonders to your mother-self-esteem to see your baby so utterly thrilled to see you.

Th. said...

.

And then when he starts screaming at you when you pick him up because y'took s'dang long! Love it!

Juls said...

do you have a cool mist humidifier? When Sarah was born the doctors he was working with (both pediatritians) gave Aaron a cool mist humidifier. It really does help.

The Drapers said...

My pediatrician also told me to invest in a cool mist humidifier and it has worked wonders with Lily, well worth the money. Also when she had a cold that baby saline solution worked great. You squirt it up his nose, then suck it out with the nose sucker thing. Its just salt water it won't hurt them. Anyhow there's my 2 cents hope you feel better soon.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

We have one and I have been using it some. I've had the cold too and I swear the humidifier has made me feel worse. I have a much harder time breathing when it's on. So I have been on the fence about it. I've been using the saline too and I swear it doesn't help much either. His head thrashes around so much it's hard to get a good squeeze or suction. But whatever. I'll get better at it I guess.