Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Lucky.

Christmas was a lot of fun in California. I love going to Moss Beach. I think it's one of the prettiest places in the US. Here are a couple of pictures to prove how lucky my in-laws are.

The sunset over the ocean (the view from my in-laws' terrace)
The view at the end of their street.

The crossroad of their street.

My morning walks were quite enjoyable. There was so much color! I loved the variety. Take for instance these houses.


How cool would it be to have a totem pole in your front yard? Somehow I don't think our HOA would appreciate it. Nor would they appreciate a purple or puke green house, a rainbow on our garage, or a triangle storage shed. Too bad. The variety is refreshing.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Oh man, I would love to live by a beach! Those are some interesting homes.

Lesley said...

I am jealous! Wouldn't that be a wonderful place to live? Lucky Matt if he grew up there!

Anonymous said...

That really is beautiful scenery. It never ceases to amaze me though that those puke green 50 year old houses are most likely worth millions of dollars. Location, location, location.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Yes. I am jealous Matt grew up there. I can only hope that his parents stay there a long time so we can keep going to visit.

As for price...yep. We were looking through real estate listings for the area and a normal sized EMPTY LOT was 350K. That was cheap. Small houses (2 BR 1 BA) go for between 500-700K, depending on the location and condition. Most of the decent sized (1800 sq ft.+) houses go for 1 million or more it seems. And it's a buyer's market right now.

Emily said...

What part of Cali? (Maybe you said, I just didn't see it...) Jeff grew up in San Pedro, and it is so true that the California house market is out of control!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Half Moon Bay/Moss Beach. It's on Hwy 1 about 20 min. south of San Francisco.