Sunday, January 13, 2008

Svithe for my non-church Sunday

As I mentioned in my post below, I didn't go to church today. So I tried to read out of the ensign instead. I say tried since I didn't quite make it through the first article before I started dosing (can you blame me? I was up every hour last night because of Dean's coughing fits), but there was a quote I came across that I liked nonetheless.

It was in the First Presidency message and the quote was Pres. Monson quoting Elder Richard L Evans.
"We can't do everything for everyone everywhere, but we can do something for someone somewhere."
I like the thought of that.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I, too, LOVE that quote!

Emily said...

That is a wonderful quote!

mad white woman said...

hi celia. remember me? well, i stumlbed across your blog not too long ago and do you know, it is quite addicting? i love your stories and the way in which you phrase things... pure entertainment! glad to see things are going good in your world.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

A name would be helpful...

According to your blog profile, I'm assuming you're Mrs. Jason Penrod, mother of Clara. But unfortunately I don't know who married Jason Penrod nor who bore Clara.

But I'm sure I'll remember you once I have a name. =)

And thanks for the kind words. =)