Tuesday, January 08, 2008

My multi-tasking needs improvement

I've heard that once you have children you get "baby brain". Meaning, you don't always think straight and you get distracted easily.

Yeah. Well, when I was pregnant I totally melted off the bottom of a pot while trying to steam broccoli. Forgot to put water in. Oops. And then I did it again a few weeks after Dean was born. Double oops.

Then today I was trying to get a Crockpot dinner ready, make lunch, and entertain Dean all at the same time. I thought it went pretty well until about an hour later when I heard a weird pop sound.

The cord was partially tucked under the ceramic pot and got melted. It melted a hole in the cord and the metal part of the Crockpot.

I never did things like that B.B. (before baby).

Guess it's time to buy a new Crockpot. I almost feel like the commercial where the men are destroying their houses so they can go shop at a home improvement store (Lowe's? Home Depot?) for replacement items.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I can totally relate. All of a sudden I've turned into a total ditz!

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

Haha, I'm so sorry Celia! If it makes you feel any better I get told that I have baby brain more often than I feel that I actually have it!! Hey, we are moving to Texas in 3 weeks! You ready for a new friend? haha. . .email me so we can catch up!
beth_unique@hotmail.com
www.easysite.com/sandsfam
Talk to you soon!
Beth Ann (thompson)

Emily said...

Isn't having babies fun? The second time around seemed to be worse for my brain... things are just now starting to feel back to normal again...

Sandy Ballard said...

I thought that I was just having blonde moments, but then they were more frequent. I then realized that the baby was taking every bite of brain I had and she is almost two and still doing it.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Holy smokes girl! You're really moving near me! Cool. We'll totally have to get together.