Monday, May 08, 2006

The Bras(s) Clan Curse Revisited

We are here and our plane was not hijacked, but that may only be because our first plane never had the chance. We arrived at the airport at the perfect time...time to board. The screen displayed "4:28 On time" over and over. Though the screen said "on time" and it was time to board, there was no plane in the hanger. No big deal, we thought, it's probably just about 10 min. behind or something. And it was.

The plane arrived, people got off, and yet we were never allowed to board. "Mechanical problems" they told us, "are the reasons why you can't board yet. They're getting the parts and fixing it. Just hold tight and hopefully it won't take too long." We had a connecting flight in Denver in 1 1/2 hours...1 hour...45 min...dang, we missed our connecting flight. There was no way we'd be making our connecting flight because of the mechanical delay. Though the line at the desk was atrociously long, I tried standing in it to see what our options were for other flights. I stood in line for an hour and we'd only moved forward two people. Then I looked over my shoulder to Delta and saw they had a flight leaving in 1 hour to Dallas/Fort Worth. I went to the desk to see if there was room and there was! However, we'd have to go out past security to the very front desk to see if United could just transfer our ticket to them so we wouldn't have to pay anything extra.

Not a problem, for the most part. We went out and immediately had help. We were able to switch our flight over with no problem and the counter lady told us they were dumping our baggage at a carousel right now. We waited about 5 min. and decided we HAD to go check into our Delta flight so as not to miss this one and only chance to get to our house closing on time. We checked into Delta and they told us we had 15 min. for our luggage to arrive or it wouldn't make it onto our flight. It didn't come. Blast. The flight was boarding and we hadn't gone through security for the second time...

We got to security and had to go through the extended security check because we had "suspicious" tickets that were one way flights booked at the last min. (All last min. passengers with plane changes actually have to go through this.) They had to look through every piece and item in our carry ons. I had all my electrical stuff with me which made it take extra long. We only had about 5 min. before the plane was supposed to leave and my bags were still being searched. Needless to say I was getting pretty annoyed with this all. Matt finished before me so he ran ahead to tell them we were there. They finally finished searching mine and I grabbed my bag and started running. Luckily the man next to me called out to me, "Is that your boarding pass ma'm?" It was. I had almost left my boarding pass on the table. I turned around, grabbed it and began sprinting up the escalator toward the boarding gates.

Matt was coming back toward me telling me to stop running...


TO BE CONTINUED

(We're at the library right now because we don't yet have internet access at home. We should have access by Wed. Matt's done with his stuff and we need to get shopping so I don't have time to finish.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhhh....this is the best drama all day! cant wait to hear how it ends. j

Anonymous said...

Glad to have even half of the story. I've missed your posts. Can't wait to hear the rest.

Lady Steed said...

ahhccckkkk! A cliff hanger!

Th. said...

.

And to make it worse, you're only now approaching the boarding gate, yet you're already sweaty!

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»