Monday, May 22, 2006

Breaking News that Breaks the Bank

All along we were told that Matt would be working in McKinney. He got an email on Friday saying orientation would be in Dallas today. Odd, we thought, but whatever.

I called Matt tonight to see how his first day of work was. He broke the bad news. McKinney was full. He'd be working in Dallas. That means a 45 min. commute each way. NOOOOOO!!!! We specifically chose this house thinking he'd only have to commute 1 mile! We were going to get him a mo-ped or something.

But this means that unless I work within walking distance, we're going to have to get a second car. And pay for gas!! Ugh. I am not happy, I can tell you that. I feel soooooo sad for him having to commute. I did it for 2 1/2 years and I was so sick of it. Wasted time and money.

Jerks. Total jerks. I mean, we're glad to have a job and a house, but it would have been nice to know this little info. two months earlier...

6 comments:

Th. said...

.

I feel your anger. I would be mad too.

Sarah said...

LAME! McKinny is really beautiful though. My sister's family in Dallas has the opposite problem - her husband was told he had to work in McKinny instead of Dallas so they have some late nights as well. Hopefully you guys can get on some kind of "wish-list" to fill in the next McKinny opening.

BTW - I'm going to link your blog to mine if you don't mind. I want to keep checking up on your great posts!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Th. thanks for the sympathy.

Sarah: Go right ahead! And if you don't mind, when I get a moment I'll do the same with yours.

Too bad my husband and your brother-in-law don't work in the same department with the same job or we'd try to do a little switch-a-roo.

Mizike said...

Hrmmm... I've tried emailing to your gmail acct a couple times today and it keep failing. Wonder what's happening....

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

problem is I don't have a g-mail account. I do have yahoo...

Mizike said...

hrmm... wonder why my contact list had it as gmail