Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Waiting for translation

And I don't mean language translation. You got it. After my performance today, I'm waiting to be taken up to heaven for all my heavenliness.

What did I do, you ask, that warrants my translation? First of all, I got everything done on my "to do list." The house is nice and clean (including the computer room...I took matters into my own hands), the reimbursement documents for the move are finally turned in, pictures are finally hung, I had a good full hour of rigorous exercise, I read my scriptures (and two articles in the new June Ensign), and I made a perfect dinner.

The last item topped it off. I didn't think a perfect dinner was possible in this house, regardless of my mad culinary skillz. Matt's a food critic at heart (he really should get a job where he can eat for free at restaurants and write up a review) so there's usually something to be improved upon.

But not today. The rice was nice and fluffy yet sticky, as it should have been. The chicken was perfectly cut and cooked so it was not chewy or tough. The onions and peppers were sautéed to a nice and crisp consistency, and the sauce was "right on" according to my hubby. In fact, he said it was the best stir-fry I've ever made.

Oh yeah. I'm going to be taken up. Just you

*poof* Celia is no longer writing because she has been taken up for her all around perfection.

7 comments:

N.F. said...

One time, I was at a YA Conference--and during the Second Coming, well, I was in the restroom. So, I missed it all.

When I got back into the Cultural Hall, I finally figured out what I had missed, and my friend told me not to fret--to just understand that I had been translated instead.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

NF: Haha. Hate when that happens.

Ok, ok. I didn't really get translated, but I did have a great day. And Matt did tell me that was the best stir fry I'd ever made.

Lady Steed said...

That's quite a day! I wish I could have a perfect day. But until I do all of my VTing I do not see myself getting translated. However, i'd settle for being able to put a complete meal on the table and having my apartment clean.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Yes, but you have to remember that standards are different for moms with little children in the house. I don't have anyone but myself (and occasionally Matt, but he's a pretty clean guy) making messes for me to clean.

Also, I don't have a VT assignment yet, so that didn't have to come into play. Are you hoping to move before they call you out on your lack of VT?

Mizike said...

My mum and dad use to be members in the Civil Defense up to the mid-70s. It was funny to see some of the old 50s era nuclear safety movies they brought home. "Drop, and cover!"

Once, during a church camping trip, they showed the same style of film for the Resurrection. I saw the same types of cars, the same clothes, and the same film quality. In that movie, Jimmy was walking with his friends on the way to school. Suddenly, all his friends disappear, leaving only their clothes behind.

Jimmy runs everywhere searching for people. He looks in the windows of all the houses and finds nothing but clothes on the floor. He finds a car pushed against a telephone pole with just clothes in the driver's seat. The school bus is empty too, except for clothes.

Eventually Jimmy finds a mean drunk who scares him and he runs away. It is then he has a flashback to Sunday School and his Resurrection lessons. He then realizes he's been "left behind". The movie ends with a tight shot of Jimmy's terrified face with a permanent scream.

I was terrified to leave my mum for weeks, afraid she'd poof, leaving only clothes. The worse part was waking up to an empty house, afraid I was "left behind" because I was a bad boy.

Oh! Matt can always become a secret food critic. Here is one place he can check out.


http://www.restaurant-cops.com/index.asp

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Haha!! That's so funny Mizike!! And traumatising. Hmmm...So I guess those people arrive in Heaven naked? That would be interesting. Or maybe they'll have celestial robes or something waiting for them. I guess I've never really thought much about the clothes issue.

Restaurant cop, hu? I'll have to tell him about it.

Th. said...

.

I don't think Matt could ever become a "secret" food critic.