Monday, April 17, 2006

My first book

I wrote my first (and in all actuality, only) book when I was about 4 years old. Either Julie or Amanda took my dications. It's amazing the number of similarities between my family (or at least my 4 year old perception of my family) and the "fictional" characters of the book.

As I was trying to go through my things for our up coming move, I came across it. My book sported a nice cover made out of an old fan box, cleverly decorated with green floral wrapping paper. For your reading pleasure I will now make my book available for the public via this blog. I will be expecting a book contract soon after I publish this post.

Title: Dianne's Birthday
Chapter 1: Dianne
Dianne was a girl at the age of four. Dianne wanted to go to school very bad, but she was only four years old. She didn't want go to preschool. She wanted to go to the kindergarten at the big school. She wanted the nice kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Rumby. She didn't want to have the mean pre-school teacher Mrs. Kelt.

Chapter 2: Dianne's Friends
Dianne likes her friends at the preschool but not the teacher. She especially liked her fried [sic] Celia. Celia was very nice to Dianne. She always shared with her. She has a friend Julia. Julia was Diannes friend. Julia was very nice and shared her toys, and when it was Julia's birthday she invited Dianne to her house and shared her cake.

Chapter 3: Dianne's Birthday
Dianne was going to have a birthday party that afternoon. She was going to be 5, but she still couldn't go to the big school. She was going to invite Celia and Julia. Karen was invited but she got sick. She invited Christy too and she could come. She was going to have a schoolbus cake even though she couldn't go to school. And she wore her new golden party dress. Everybody liked it. They played lots of games. The Pit and Spoons, and Spoons were their their [sic] favorite games.

Chapter four: Dianne's Family
Dianne had six sisters. She had to [sic] brothers. Her sisters names were Emily, Brenda, Chrystal, Marci, Susan, and Joan. Her brother's names were Brandon and Scott. Her moms name was Linda and her dads name was Bill. Her last name was Morgan. She had one baby brother and his name was Craig. [hahahaha. apparantly she had three brothers rather than "to"...] Chrystal was sixteen, Scott was 15. Emily was 13. Marci was 12. Brandon was 10. Brenda was 8 years old. Susan was 6 years old. Joan was 4 years old. And her baby brother Scott [haha, thought his name was Craig] was 2 months old. And Joan just turned 4 three days after Dianne turned 5. Her mom Linda was 45 years old and her dad was 49 years old.

Dianne's favorite person was her baby brother Craig. Then she liked Susan. She always liked the oldest daughter's sense of humor, but she never had time to play. She always said, "I can't right now. I'm busy." or "I have homework." So Dianne stayed with the little kids.

Dianne's brothers were always teasing her so she didn't usually play with them.

Dianne's mother always had time to play or make a cake or cookies and she always let Dianne help.

Emily and Marci were always playing together and said, "Dianne you are too little." Dianne thought they were mean.

Brenda was usually off by herself reading, drawing, or painting or making things. Dianna thought Brenda's presents were always the neatest even though they were homemade.

Dianne's Dad worked 14 hours a day but on his day off he was so much fun.

Dianne thought her family was the best one in the world even if they didn't have a big mansion or a big beautiful fancy car. That was not what a good family meant to her.

THE END

5 comments:

Th. said...

.

Such insight at such a young age!

What will you be doing for your next project?

Anonymous said...

Amazing to me that a sibling took the time and patience to help you make that book. You sure wanted to go to school didn't you! Suzie would have been 11. Are you sure it wasn't her that helped you?

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Mom: I'm fairly positive it was Amanda that helped me write. My favorite part is that I included me as the "nice friend". hahahaha. Nothing like giving yourself a shout out.

I wonder how I came up with all those names? I can't think of anyone that I knew with those names.

Th.:Hmmm...I've always wanted to write a kid's book. To tell you the truth, I actually have 2 started. I was going to write one about Oliver's family and give it to you guys for Christmas, but I just never got around to completing it.

Anonymous said...

AHHH...and "Julia" was the friend that had the party. I was a nice enough sister I guess. amanda has such a good memory I bet she remembers helping you with that story. it is so cute and very creative for a four year old.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was definitely me. I recognized the cover, and I vaguely remember writing it, but the clencher is that the whole time I was growing up, Chrystal and Marci were my all time favorite names. It is funny that to us, a family with 8-9 kids was completely normal. I have learned to spell "two" since then.