Friday, April 07, 2006

1/4 of a Century Old and 1 day

It's true. Yesterday April 7th I turned 1/4 of a century. I was thinking yesterday as I was driving to work about the last decade of birthdays. They've gone by quickly. I will now recap the last 10 birthdays of mine so far as I can remember.

1996 Age 15: I have absolutely no idea what happened this birthday. I am missing pictures from that year and I don't know where my journal was from that era of my life. Maybe I got a bad present or something that year...or no presents...this recap isn't going so well so far.

1997 Sweet 16: The age I was legally (key word here. haha) allowed to drive and date!! My friends Mike, Cam, Chan, Veronica and Michelle all surprised me at 5 AM for a breakfast of crepes (my favorite for years) that my mother so lovingly made for us. YUM! I'm pretty sure someone that year tried to write "Happy Birthday Celia" in plastic cups in the chain link fence on the football field. It was too windy, however, and only a fragment of the message remained when I got to school

1998 Age 17: The year of El Niño. I was going to take stats for dad's JV baseball team that day, but it ended up snowing out the game. Also, my friends Vanessa and Lexi streamered the inside of "my" truck in the name of "The Ninja Fish." We had a large group of friends over for a lunch of pizza, cake and ice cream.

1999 Age 18: Leagally an adult! What the heck...isn't this supposed to be a big birthday?!? All I can find are 3 pictures, all of only me, with a strawberry angel food cake. I also found a 4 page email I sent to Julie 2 weeks after my birthday about the All-State choir trip I went on...hmmm. I'm sure I did something for that birthday...

2000 Age 19: My first COLLEGE birthday. My friends Lisa and Jessica surpised me in the morning with breakfast around 6 AM.
Since my room-roomate hated my guts we ate it out in the lobby. That was also my first birthday with Matt. We'd JUST started dating and my mom's present for me was a dinner for 2 at Olive Garden. Gotta love free food.

2001 Age 20:
My one and only birthday out of the country. China probably held my largest party ever. It was a GREAT birthday. There were 20 American teachers and probably 20 Chinese teachers and about 10-15 students. They gave me cool chinese presents like a notebook with a cat with a really large head and writing that said "This is the most comfortable note book you have ever run into. You will feel like writing with it all the time." That was from a student named "John." In the front of the notebook he wrote, "For You! Make someone heppy! Make just one heppy!" My friends from the Riviera #90 sent me a package there with good eats and SALT!!!!!!! It was my luckiest of days in china. They'd taken tons and tons of packages of salt from McDonalds, Arbys, etc. and used it as packing peanuts. I couldn't obtain salt in China because all they sold in the store was straight MSG. It's true.

2002 Age 21: Another birthday with snow and rain. Matt was on his mission but he sent me a wire flower he made. It was cool. It was conference weekend and Lisa and I spent the day in Salt Lake with her sisters. They had cake and we made ice cream.

2003
Age 22: Matt and I were engaged by this time in 2003, but I don't know what we did for my birthday.

2004 Age 23: Matt made me a cake and we went to The Olive Garden for my birthday dinner. He got me Hannon Piano Exercizes book and the promise of new shoes for my birthday.

2005 Age 24: We went to the Happy Sumo for my dinner and he made me a cake. Right after I went to yoga and he ended up playing computer games. Ha. We're so romantic.

2006 Age 25: Last night was great. We had a great dinner at The Bombay House. I LOVE INDIAN FOOD. I made him come with me to pick out new glasses and then we went and saw Narnia. It was great!! I loved it. He made me the same cake he has for the past 3 years and it was still delicious.










And today I got a haircut
for my birthday present to me. =)



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

from the Mom--

Cute hair, both before and after. I didn't know Matt could make cakes. How nice. Enjoyed the review of the past quarter century. I'd forgotten the fun birthday with the crepes. You have always been a fun girl!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

In reality he could cook anything he wanted. It's just a matter of motivation.

Anonymous said...

Man, your hair is nice! I'm having a hair-envy moment! I asked Will a while ago what he thought of me cutting my hair short - He's ok with it. Yesterday he asked, "so are you going to cut your hair?" I thought it was because he had seen Ruth pull my hair, but he said, "actually, I was thinking about how there would be less hair on the floor." My hair has been shedding noticeably since Ruth was born...sad! So, I'm gonna cut it!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I just hate spending time doing (drying, flat ironing, etc.) long hair and though pony tails are convenient, they're not the best look for me. I'm lucky, though, because I can do it curly and straight, even when it's short. I think some people get bored with short hair, but I actually feel for me it's more versatile.

Th. said...

.

I admit I was watching the hair through the years as well.

And I'm jealous about the Bombay House thing. If we come for graduation, we'll have to go.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

If you come...? When do you think the decision will be made? We'd LOVE to accompany you to Bombay House, especially if the Brass parents pay. =) We would very much love to see you for the graduation, but I understand opportunity costs (and gas costs).

Lady Steed said...

What is this cake you speak of? I didn't know Brother Steed could make a delicious cake.....

Happpy Happy Birthday!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

It's commonly known as "better than sex cake" but I've also heard it refered to as "skor cake" by those who are a little more conservative with their cake names.

Th. said...

.

If gas wasn't headed back to $3 a gallon, the decision would be made. Since it is though, we hesitate.

Anonymous said...

Celia! I died when I saw that old picture of us in highschool! Crazy how time flies. It makes me SO grateful that time does actually move on and we're never stuck in that awefully ignorant awkward stage of highschool life.

Happy birthday girl. You look happy. I too am 25 and it feels great. What a wonderful life eh?

I must say though, you look much more youthful than I. Kids'll do it to you. After two I definately look like a mom. You're gorgeous and don't you forget it!