Friday, April 14, 2006

Four-eyes

After finding out I had a little money that rolled over from last year's insurance, I decided to follow in Th's and Lady's steps and get new glasses. I've had the glasses I have now for 5 years and my perscription's changed slightly since then. (It's actually a little better than it used to be believe it or not.) I made Matt look with me on my birthday but we weren't able to decided that day.

Today, with the help of the lady at the store, I finally decided on a pair. These are the glasses, but I don't think its a very good picture of them. The glasses I bought are brown and match my hair. I tried on a pink pair that were cute, but I hated that the sides were metal while the front was plastic. I'm all about the plastic. I also tried on a nice deep red pair that I liked alot, but they were a little too low on my eye so if they slipped at all it would project the feeling of an old librarian.

Matt thought the brown looked fine but were a little boring. There just aren't enough GREAT and EXCITING pairs of glasses in my price range. These are cute and will do fine.

I have to say, it's much easier to shop for glasses when you have contacts in. Otherwise you really can't see how good or bad you look in the various glasses. (At least I can't really see since I'm just about half way to being legally blind.)

3 comments:

Th. said...

.

Just guessing from the picture, but I think those were a great choice.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Thank you. I hope they are.

Katria said...

I look like a librarian when I wear my glasses. I have to wear them down on my nose so I can see at a distance.