Friday, August 01, 2008

Movie Knight

This week has been rough with Dean being sick. So tonight I decided it was the perfect time to take a little break out for myself and go to a movie. I had a gift pass to use, and I chose to see The Dark Knight.

I loved it. Did I love it as much as the first? Ummm...it was very different from the first. I mean, how can you top the cool Ninjas in the first movie? I think I liked Batman Begins slightly better, but this was still quite good. Two thumbs up from me.

I was caught off guard to have Rachel played by Maggie Gyllenhaal rather than Katie Holmes Cruise. I guess I haven't watched the previews closely. Oh, and Randa, I'm sure you've heard it over and over, but holy crap you look like Maggie. I thought that the last time I saw her in a movie, and I thought that tonight.

And for any who refuse to see the Batman movies because the original Batman movies were kind of lame, these really are great. Give it a chance...

3 comments:

randa_joy said...

I haven't seen this yet but I really want to. And yes the first time there were some girls standing around in a circle talking about me at church and I was like "oh my gosh I don't even know these girls and they're totally talking about me." I was so just frozen and horrified until one of them came up to me and was all "you look just like the girl from Mona Lisa Smile." Oh.
A few days later I was at the front desk at the place I worked and a kid kept looking up from his People magazine. And he leaned over and whispered to his mom and pointed at me. She got up and showed me the picture and that time was funny. Still people will mention it but not as weird as those first times.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

too funny!

Th. said...

.

Ditto.