Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Last time I swear!

Blah, blah, blah blah. I know I've posted too much about SYTYCD this season, but I promise this is the last post (this season at least) since it was the finale tonight!

Favorite dances: The boys' Russian dance. Smokin' hot, I say. I also really liked Katee and Twitch's Foxtrot.

I thought it was a little over the top to require the jive AT THE END of the FINALE (and then it's no wonder Courtney didn't have enough oomf to get that one over the head lift in the final number, good heck)!!, but I guess like Nigel said, "Nobody gives a damn if you're tired. They paid their money and they want a good show." (Or something like that.)

Last week I said I wanted Joshua to win. I kept going back and forth all night between Joshua and Twitch. I voted for Joshua, and then I couldn't stop myself and I voted for Twitch too!

I kinda feel for Katee, because I think she danced almost flawlessly on every dance the whole season, but I just can't see her beating out both boys. They're just too good and are the underdogs. I won't lie, I really want to see an untrained (yet phenomenal dancer) win. Plus they have really great personalities. They're both confident, strong, humble, nice, funny, not cocky etc. I really think Benji's personality propelled him to the win his year, and they make me think of him.

I do think that Courtney was out danced by all tonight, though I've loved her the whole season.

I think if we're to consider the whole season and not just tonight's performance, Joshua and Katee are the strongest of the four.

Who's going to win??? I actually think it will be Joshua, but it really could be Joshua, Twitch or Katee. They're all extreeeeemly close in my opinion. This is the closest competition yet I think.

The end.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I agree that the winner should be one of the guys. And that Courtney was out danced. It was really evident when she was next to Katee. And yes, that Russian dance will go down as one of the all-time best SYTYCD performances EVER!

randa_joy said...

Yes! I knew you wouldn't let me down by not doing a SYTYCD finale post. I'm irritated that they didn't start the season a week earlier and cut it down to 2 before the finale, but whatev. I agreed w/ all your statements. I totally could not decide and it was stressing me out because I didn't want Courtney to win so I had to vote but who, WHO? I too thought Katee was flawless and I actually loved her personality from the beginning, but in the end I loved Joshua better, and Twitch the best. So that's who I voted for (x5).

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Well there you have it. It went down pretty much like I thought, but I was not expecting the $50K for Katee. Good for her I say. Though if I were a past contestant in her position I think I'd feel a bit gypped.

I loved seeing Mary and Nigel perform. I've been wanting to for a long time.

I also really liked hearing what past finalists are up to. Though it didn't really say what Benji was up to. I'm curious about that.

Good ending to a good season though.

randa_joy said...

agreed. bring on the gymnastics and swimming.

Carrie LaHaie said...

I was feeling a little nostalgic about it being over. If you are too there is a remembrance of the seson on my page. (I know I am a dancing dork)