Tuesday, August 05, 2008

August Page in a Bag Entry

I can't believe what I was able to come up with this month. I don't think they'll be expecting anything like this since I didn't go with the dog theme...

These pictures were all taken in April.


Here are the two papers we were given. The other required objects were the ribbon (the other side is polka doted), the red gems, and the circle tag. I cut up the dog bone/ dog house paper to make the patterned border thing. It's a little busier than I normally do, but over all I was ok with what emerged, especially since I didn't really like the materials.

6 comments:

Maren said...

I have to say I am impressed. I actually really liked how you cut up the not so cute paper to make a fun design that is well - not so doggy. Way to be extra creative!

Jodi Reeve said...

That is very creative! I would of never thought to do something like that.

Do you do this for a group that then judge what everyone does or something?

Lindsay said...

Looks great! I especially like how you cut up the paper and used it differently. Very creative.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

a local scrapbook store has a page in a bag contest every month. She gives you specific supplies she wants to feature and you have to use some of everything she gives you. Then her design team and customers judge the entries. If you win you get a $15 gift certificate to her store. You can't win for another 3 months, but you can still participate. I love it because it's a good challenge and makes me scrapbook since I haven't been good about it. And I get the free supplies.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Oh, and thanks for the compliments!

Tom and Audrie said...

Very cute!!