Wednesday, August 30, 2006

It's been awhile

Sorry it's been awhile for a new post. I've been tired. And oddly enough, the more I have to do, the less I feel like I have to write about. Like busyness drowns out the ability to think creatively...

I've been working on making fliers for piano teaching.

I finished yet another book by Orson Scott Card. Pastwatch the Redemption of Christopher Columbus. It was good. Very different from any other book of his. That's what I like so much about him.

I also finished a book by Michael Crichton called Prey. That was very good indeed. He's also a very great writer in my opinion. Science fiction that is often on the verge of real scientific discoveries. He's right up there with O.S.C.

We've found friends to play Settlers/Cities and Knights of Catan with. It's fun to have friends.

We're trying to figure out what fruit and nut trees we can plant in our large backyard and when we'd do that. One day I'd like to have nice big trees for shade and fruit, a nice little garden, and a swimming pool since we don't have a public one super close by. I think it's a nice dream. All American. Oh, and a sprinkler system would be magnificent as well. It's good to have goals.

I feel like I am rambling. And I'm pretty sure I am. This is how I feel when I try to talk to Matt just before we go to bed and I'm tired but want to talk anyway.

I guess that means you must feel like he does listening to me ramble...

Hey! Are you already asleep?! Just like you to always fall asleep before me even though I'm more tired than you. Humph. Ah well. Night night.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You don't make any sense - you're too busy to post and then you go on to tell us about the two books you just finished? If you have time to read, you can't be doing that bad! I'll check for those books at the library. I'm a big Card fan. Thanks for the recommendations!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I'm not super busy. Just too busy to think creatively. Plus, reading doesn't generally require tons of brain power.

Gosh. Call me out why don't ya?

In reality I could be generating at least a post a day, but I'm not. Ok. fine. I'm a slacker!!