Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Things you probably already knew about me but are going to hear again.

Most of you already went through the the "4 things about me" phase, but I decided to stave it off and wait until the rush died down so I wasn't just muddled in with the rest of you! (Well, ok. So I didn't consciously make that decision. I just wasn't going to do it at all, but I got an email not too long ago from a high school friend on this very subject. So it reminded me of it, and I decided I might as well jump on the band wagon even though it's come to a halt.)

4 Jobs I've had
  • Piano teacher (started 12 years ago!)
  • Chef
  • Laundry girl at the MTC (Missionary Training Center)
  • Sucker picker (tomato plants--worst job I ever had and I only lasted 2 or 3 weeks!)

4 Movies I could watch over and over
  • All Firefly DVD episodes.
  • Remember the Titans is a good one to have on when I'm scrapbooking because of the GREAT music soundtrack (and good script)
  • That's about it I think.

4 Places I've lived

  • Snowflake, AZ
  • Provo, UT
  • McKinney, Texas
  • Hefei, Anhui, China

4 TV shows I love to watch

  • So you think you can dance (but the final show is this week)
  • Law and Order SVU
  • Super Nanny
  • Any home decorating/ remodeling/ property flipping show (though I don't get TLC or HGtv, so I hardly ever get to watch these)

4 Places I've been on vacation

  • Navoo (5th Grade)
  • England (2002)
  • Guatemala (2005)
  • Guilin Mountains (Southern China) (2001)

4 Foods I love

  • Almost anything involving beans, rice, fresh tortillas, fresh salsa...ok, most everything Mexican as long as it's not menudo or tripe (or tons of meat or any gristly meat)
  • Hummus and something to dip in the hummus (pita bread, corn chips, potato chips, whatever's handy)
  • String Cheese (though I never really buy it because it always seems expensive)
  • My own chicken salad since I make it how I like it.

4 things I love about my family

  • My parents
  • My grandparents
  • My siblings (and in-laws)
  • My nieces and nephews

ok, ok, that was kind of a cop out. I like that we're numerous, boisterous, opinionated, and generally a happy kind of family.

4 places I'd rather be

  • Moss Beach, CA
  • Snowflake
  • Laughing it up with good friends somewhere
  • Camping with the Bras(s) Clan (soo sad we're missing it this year)

4 things I'd love to learn

  • How to paint
  • How to program JavaScript and html
  • How to take smashing pictures
  • How to laugh at myself more often rather than feeling self conscious about looking stupid

THE END: You are now experts on me. It will take you far in life and in the work force. I promise.*

*This is merely a figure of speech. No guarantees intended. And no, you can't have your money back, suckers!*

5 comments:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I'd also like to learn how to: wood work so I could make some bookshelves and cabinets. That would be awesome.

I'd also like to learn how to tile a floor and a back splash.

Th. said...

.

We've got two of your places-to-be handled, so just pretend you're us.

Anonymous said...

oh I forgot to tell you...the other night I made your chicken salad and Aaron wasn't here so he took it for lunch the next day...when he came home he said I LOVED that chicken I almost called you to tell you how much I liked it. Aaron NEVER calls durring the day so for him even to think to call me it must have been amazing ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey, you should see the tile floors and back splashes Jacqui and Jeff have done by themselves. Amazing. That tomato farm job was awful but it will give you something interesting to talk about for the rest of your life. Who else do you know who can say they have been a sucker picker?

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Haha. I'm so glad he liked it J.