Monday, July 06, 2009

Belly Beautiful: 36 weeks

It's a little hard to believe, but 3 weeks from today I'll have a new little baby outside of my belly. People tell me almost daily that I look like I'm about to pop. I'm feeling pretty well, though. Sleeping has been extra hot. I end up on the couch pretty frequently at night so I can sleep under a fan.

I started the "nesting" phase finally. I think I'd been in denial for awhile that his arrival was close. He has a few new outfits and I put all of Dean's 12 mo. clothes away today so I could make closet space for the old "new baby" clothes. I'm also starting to sell some of our bulky stuff that's taking up unnecessary room. I just sold my single jogger for $5 less than I bought it last year. Not bad since I used it almost 5 days a week for a year. I'm still TOTALLY kicking myself for not buying that BOB stroller off of craigslist. I had no idea how well they held their value. I could have bought it for $350 and sold it for more on ebay if I wanted! It still makes me sick to think about missing out on that deal because I was too cheap. I've never had worse non-buyer's remorse. Since then I've been looking on craigslist and ebay at the BOB duallie and Phil and Ted's double. I've yet to see one close for less than $400.

I'm starting to feel a little nervous about having 2 children under 2! I'm also feeling a little nervous that Matt will be traveling 1-2 of the next 3 weeks! Pray that I don't go into labor early people.

36 weeks in 2007

36 weeks in 2009

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Though I'm slowly coming to terms with the idea of two small children, I'm still nervous. That said, however, I'm pretty sure that these pangs deep in my gut are feelings of envy that you only have 3 more weeks left. Either that, or they're just more of the obnoxious contractions I've been having for the last several weeks. At any rate, good luck with these last few weeks!

happyhubbub said...

Two BOB strollers in the metrolplex. This first one is McKinney - close to you...

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/bab/1255834685.html

This second is closer to me - let me know if you need help getting it.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/bab/1254810570.html

Good luck!!

Brooke said...

You are so cute! Isn't it crazy how different you can carry the baby from one pregnancy to the next? Your picture looks fake--like you just have something under your shirt. :) Good luck with these next few weeks. Enjoy being able to give all your attention to just Dean. It was hard for me at the beginning to feel like I wasn't able to give all my attention to Ellee. But, now it's a lot easier to divide my attention and they're both happy.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I considered the ironman bob stroller, but decided against it because I REALLY want a swivel lock wheel and that's a fixed wheel. I hadn't seen that other post, though. I'll have to look into it.