Since I couldn't be there in person to share my past 10 years, I thought I'd do a little recap here.
- Took the 1/2 tuition scholarship at BYU over the full scholarship at BYU-Hawaii so I could hang with my sister Julie.
- Worked at the Education LRC 20 hrs/week and took lots of credits.
- Started dating Matt (my now husband). We met in our freshman ward and had Sharing the Gospel class together. I pursued him.
- Lost my scholarship with a 3.52 GPA. Darned biology and Psych 111!!
- Participated in Miss Navajo County Pageant for the second time. Was totally bummed I didn't make as much money as the year before.
- Sent Matt off on a mission to PA
- Lived with the best set of roommates ever. Was crazy busy with school and work (TA for Child Dev. 210).
- Went through the Temple and received my endowments.
- Lived in China 6 months teaching English & wrote Matt weekly. Can I say AWESOME???
- Lived with my friend Lisa in her family's basement and traded part of my rent for teaching piano to two of her sisters.
- Tried going to TX to sell energy for the summer and was thwarted by Enron. Ended up in VA with my sister Julie and her family. Waitressed and made pretty decent money.
- Went to England for a week to visit my sister Amanda and her family while her husband attended Oxford.
- Matt came home from his mission. We dated. I bought my wedding dress (without him knowing it) 2 months before he asked me to marry him!
- TA'd for Child Dev. again. Took lots of credits.
- Received 2 different scholarships that covered almost all of my tutition!! Woot!
- Got engaged very end of Feb.
- Got married very beginning of May. (Yep. 2 months later! I NEEDED a short engagement!)
- Sold Dish Network in Reno with Matt. We made decent money though we both stink at sales.
- TA'd for Child Dev. and Moral Foundations of the Family (with Dr. Olson.)
- Took lots of Spanish classes for my minor.
- Kept my 2 scholarships.
- Took an unpaid internship as staff at New Haven, a residential treatment center for teenage girls. Worked about 30 hours a week (including commute). Was totally stressed.
- Graduated BYU! Majored in Marriage Family and Human Development and minored in Spanish.
- Took a full time job cooking (instead of staffing) at New Haven. Really upped my cooking abilities!! Cooked (and shopped, and planned, etc.) about 7-8 hours/day for about 25-30 people 5 days a week.
Summer 2004 - Summer 2006
- Continued cooking at New Haven while Matt finished up school.
- Went to Guatemala for one of our anniversaries.
- Moved to TX and bought a house
- Had a hard time finding a full time job. Took some random part time jobs.
- Met some friends and had some fun.
2007 - Present
- Had Dean and have loved being a stay at home mom the last (almost) 2 years!
- I'm 10 days away from having another little boy.